dual

handscan.net

38 posts in this topic

http://www.handscan.net

Generate your scan list then just Ctrl+A and middle click or Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V into your favorite text editor and scan away. More features forthcoming.

It would be cool if I could upload a partially completed scan and have it merge all the numbers I've already completed.

Very cool. I know I'm gonna get alot of use out of this. I'd love to see a completed ultimate scan.

Very cool. I know I'm gonna get alot of use out of this. I'd love to see a completed ultimate scan.

I wonder how long an ultimate scan would take. I've been working on a thousand scan for quite a while now.

If you're obsessive about EVERYTHING you dial, you'll need to type out exactly what happens with every number you call, and that can take a long time. But if you just make notes on the numbers that serve some purpose, then you can expect to cut the time in half. Only problem with that is you can miss out on cool intercepts, ringout bridges, etc. But either way, this site can help cut some time by providing a list of numbers you want to scan.

Edited by Royal

Great site! :voteyes: And word to Royal about being obsessive about everything that you dial.

I usually do this myself in Excel, but this is useful nonetheless. Thanks!

self signed certificate - can't browse this site under Firefox 3

borat-resize.jpg

Is a very nice!

Seriously, though, as Royal said, it gets to be a pain in the ass if you fill out everything. When I'm using a computer to scan, I find that when all you do is skip the default not in service message, you still get all the cool things, like the more interesting recordings, but it still makes it a lot easier to pull off without losing any detail. I mean, you're not skipping any other numbers. Right?

As for when I'm traveling (which seems to happen a lot) or just feeling lazy, a binder filled with Phreaks and Geeks scan sheets works best.

http://www.phreaksandgeeks.com/photos/SCANSHT.gif

EDIT: Fixed image.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

Something else you could do to cut down on a little time is to use HTML or GUI forms to present common options for each number (and a text box for interesting stuff.) So for, example. If you hit the 'C' key, it would automatically fill in "SIT CBCAD," If you hit the 'X' key, it would automatically copy the text from the previous number onto the current one, and so on..I'm pretty sure you could do this fairly easily with drop-down boxes in HTML/JavaScript and Windows Forms in Visual Basic or a .NET language or even Java (to make it portable.) Anyone up for some programming? :D

Edited by duper

Everyone whom worked on coding this has madd props from me. It's dope how this came about just from some code in pearl to this. Oh yeah a ultimate scan can take some time or if your where like cuebiz and myself it would only take a week or so..

Nice to see my ohio boys around. whatup with ohio phreaks?

Edited by ic0n

Thanks, everybody. Just gave handscan.net a little facelift and the ability to add a BM2L legend. BM2L, or Bell's Mind Markup Language is the shorthand method to describe common occurrences in scanning. Here's what's included:

CBCAD - Cannot Be Completed As Dialed

CBCAE - Cannot Be Completed As Entered

CBRYCA - Cannot Be Reached from Your Calling Area

DISCO - Disconnected

DTMF - Dual Tone Multi Frequency tones

NAYCA - Not Available from Your Calling Area

NIS - Not In Service

SIT - Special Information Tone

TTY - Teletypewriter tones

VM - Voice Mail

And here's where I need help. I would appreciate help fleshing this list out, standardizing BM2L. So, what should go? What should be added? You know what... I think I'll start a new thread. Please reference that.

UPDATES:

• Improved error handling, with appropriate messages and links
  • NANPA and ATIS INC compliant
  • View the last twenty scans, up from ten
  • Slight interface improvements

Please try it out and message me with any bugs or improvements.

I thought it worked pretty smoothly :) . Props to all y'alls,

EDIT: One improvement I can think of is having the script insert a space after the dash. It doesn't seem like much, but when you're scanning 100/+ numbers, it makes everything significantly less tedious.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

I thought it worked pretty smoothly :) . Props to all y'alls,

EDIT: One improvement I can think of is having the script insert a space after the dash. It doesn't seem like much, but when you're scanning 100/+ numbers, it makes everything significantly less tedious.

Thanks for the kind words. Good point about the space. The script actually does insert a space after the dash and you can see it if you view source. For some reason though, it doesn't copy and paste over. The last entry will, but none of the others. I'll keep working to figure out a better way/workaround.

Workaround:

sed -i 's/$/ /' file.scan.txt

I added a new feature replacing the AT&T Easy Reach Scan, which was admittedly of negligible value, with the Area Code Scan. Perfect for Jenny scans. ;) The area code list is from Wikipedia. I should probably automate NPA updates...

Also, and this isn't really a feature, the resultant scans now validate as XHTML in lieu of HTML.

http://www.handscan.net/

I added a new feature replacing the AT&T Easy Reach Scan, which was admittedly of negligible value, with the Area Code Scan. Perfect for Jenny scans. ;) The area code list is from Wikipedia. I should probably automate NPA updates...

Also, and this isn't really a feature, the resultant scans now validate as XHTML in lieu of HTML.

http://www.handscan.net/

nice..

Hmm.. pretty nice. Would be cooler if you made it a web app so you could click a button if a number was something predictable (CBCAD, DISCO, etc) and also have a text box for description. That way you could collect all the scans and share.

Also, saw ic0n online recently.. wtf is cuebiz?

Hmm.. pretty nice. Would be cooler if you made it a web app so you could click a button if a number was something predictable (CBCAD, DISCO, etc) and also have a text box for description. That way you could collect all the scans and share.

Also, saw ic0n online recently.. wtf is cuebiz?

Oh snap it's Lowtec!

I had a app years ago called scan helper or something and that pretty much what it was and wrote data to a txt file.

Cuebiz is one leet phreak from years gone passed. If you google Telco-Inside you'll find some of his stuff. I wish I'd of kept more stuff and it was the fearness.

Hey, I've got an idea.. How about creating a partnership between handscan.net and the Scan A Day Project Seems logical.. :roll:

I plan to asked the group last night. Yes is does seem logical..

Hey, I've got an idea.. How about creating a partnership between handscan.net and the Scan A Day Project Seems logical.. :roll:

Great idea. I bought scanaday.net and I'll whip up something.