Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SonOfSparda

Anonymous (anti-Scientologist group) members attack innocent man

14 posts in this topic

Mobs never do anyone any good and those who incite, direct or inflame them need to be punished.

With an operation of this size and involving a decentralized group such as Anon, something like this was bound to happen. These people openly encourage script kiddying so I would think people that tried this trace weren't all that experienced at what they were doing. Looks like a rookie mistake to make, who is to say that Scientologists are all dumb enough to hack from home? Just because the peons may be idiots does not mean the leaders are too.

I think, then, that it was a really stupid and easily avoidable mistake. Some believe collateral damage is acceptable, but in this case it should have been trivial to avoid the mistake.

Anonymous is like a bee-hive with no queen bee.

If they had some order... and would stop acting independently, then maybe something could get properly done.

But as for an anonymous screw up.. this has been the second one recently. For shame.

Besides! They're using the same tactics that they're accusing Scientology of. Talk about a double standard. Harassment, abuse, and manipulation and such.

For double shame.

Edited by gloomer

The plot thickens. We throw an anti-attack hacker group (the Regime) into the mix, trying to hack the hackers attacking the Scientologists. What's next? Will an Anonymous supporter start attacking the Regime to prevent them from interfering with Anonymous' plans? Will Anonymous and the Regime start a war between themselves that divides the whole community over the intents and tactics of both sides? Will everyone get bored and move onto other projects?

I don't like Scientology, but some of the stuff Anonymous members are doing i think takes it a little to far

Anonymous is like a bee-hive with no queen bee.

Nice Anology Gomer. The Woflman was trying to explain Anonymous to someone today. I wish I read your post before telling them that anonymous was similiar to the borg..... ;)

About the article. The Poor guy. He seems to have been fasily identified because his computer was not secure and patched. That will teach you to run an unpatched microsoft system on the net.

This Anonymous vs Scientology stuff is going way to far.

If anyone wants to learn more about Anonymous, you should listen to Slick0's episode 28 at http://www.hackerpublicradio.org

There may be no queen bee, but there are plenty of people poking the hive with a stick.

What you have to understand is that this hatred for Scientology went up in a rage after September 11th, 2001. While the majority of the hijackers were Saudi muslims, the entirety of the damage — from the building that collapsed to the lung diseases that spread in the weeks afterward — were all caused by Scientologists.

My theory:

The g00ns are having a good laugh over this.

What you have to understand is that this hatred for Scientology went up in a rage after September 11th, 2001. While the majority of the hijackers were Saudi muslims, the entirety of the damage — from the building that collapsed to the lung diseases that spread in the weeks afterward — were all caused by Scientologists.

Elaborate!

As a member of "Anonymous", I want to tell you guys that this was all a big mistake.

Once the mistake was discovered, apologies were given and said "personal information" about the man in the article was taken down immediately.

I don't like Scientology, but some of the stuff Anonymous members are doing i think takes it a little to far

Don't take what a few people (read: 5 or 10 out of thousands) do and apply it to an entire group. Apart from the DDoSes, which I'll admit were uncalled for, all Anon has done is protested Scientology and spread documents across the net.

I would have to say that I personally do not agree at all with the church of Scientology and will admit to the promotion of such attacks. Further, I will admit to hosting documents that the church deemed "confidential" or "proprietary".

I agree to the furthest extent possible to the full and utter disenfranchisement of the Church of Scientology as it is a fraudulent and malignant organization that violates the rights of its followers.

Do I condone to the actions of Anonymous? Yes, I do. Do I consider them effective? No.

I believe that protests to make the population aware of this insidious institution and its imperialistic totalitarian agenda, would be a far more effective solution than DDoS attacks on various websites or forums. Also, anybody that isn't pants-on-head retarded....oh never mind.

*Expect Us*

EDIT: Ohm,m I agree with you 100%, but with this I feel obligated to make an exception; COS has destroyed the lives of several in my family...

Edited by baby-Hackribs