Dach

What linux do you sugges?

14 posts in this topic

Hey there.

im getting tried of my linux. i using open suse 10.3 with KDE 3.5

an i getting tried that i can't do a "make" in my terminal. so i can't use any gz.tar or like that.

so im think i am going to chance to Ubuntu, but then i think. hey. why don't i ask in here what you like, a try some linux's out.

so what linux do you like. an what do you think is good for me? i most use my computer til school work, but else it for "hacking" or programming aka playing with the computer.

any how got some ideas to a linux for me?

or just know a good linux.?

thx's for your time.

an sry for my bad spelling.

hi , for use "make" , you need to be root , and what linux i suggest ,is Slackware GNU/Linux . for me is the the best .

sorry my bad english .

ckt1g3r

hi , for use "make" , you need to be root , and what linux i suggest ,is Slackware GNU/Linux . for me is the the best .

sorry my bad english .

ckt1g3r

yha i know. but i get a error every time.

one of my frind from a linux user grup. tell me that i need som sort of fil to make it.

what linux i suggest ,is Slackware GNU/Linux . for me is the the best .

sorry my bad english .

ckt1g3r

I agree. I juggled around a few different distros before settling with Slack. I also make sure to carry around my flash drive with slax popcorn edition on it :P

what linux i suggest ,is Slackware GNU/Linux . for me is the the best .

sorry my bad english .

ckt1g3r

I agree. I juggled around a few different distros before settling with Slack. I also make sure to carry around my flash drive with slax popcorn edition on it :P

ok. then well try that one out i think.

Make is actually a program. You need to have it installed to run it. You also will need it to be located in your $PATH.

If you're on SuSE, you should be able to get it through YAST or whatever it is they use as a package manager.

As far as linux goes... Linux is Linux. Of course, the various distributions have differences, but regardless of which Linux you choose, you are going to encounter the same sorts of problems, though those specific problems may not be the same from distro to distro. If you're having a problem with a Make in suse, you're going to have plenty of other ones regardless of which distro you choose.

Hey there.

an i getting tried that i can't do a "make" in my terminal. so i can't use any gz.tar or like that.

so im think i am going to chance to Ubuntu, but then i think. hey. why don't i ask in here what you like, a try some linux's out.

so what linux do you like. an what do you think is good for me? i most use my computer til school work, but else it for "hacking" or programming aka playing with the computer.

thx's for your time.

You need to unzip that file first. It is a tar archive using gzip compression. The command "man tar" will tell you what this does, but try this:

~# tar xzvf filenamehere.tar.gz

it will decompress and extract the file/source/package and you can use it for whatever you were doing.

Hey there.

thx's for your time.

You need to unzip that file first. It is a tar archive using gzip compression. The command "man tar" will tell you what this does, but try this:

~# tar xzvf filenamehere.tar.gz

it will decompress and extract the file/source/package and you can use it for whatever you were doing.

i have try that, but i still can't do a make.

Why don't you paste for us exactly the error you get when you attempt to use `make`

what are you trying to compile from source? This should take care of it...

./configure

make && make install

(assuming you have your dependencies in place)

dach-linnux:/home/dach/aircrack-ng-0.9.2 # ./configure

bash: ./configure: Ingen sådan fil eller filkatalog

dach-linnux:/home/dach/aircrack-ng-0.9.2 # make

make: Advarsel: Ændringstiden for filen 'Makefile' er 9,7e+06 s i fremtiden

gcc -g -W -Wall -O3 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REVISION=`./evalrev` src/aircrack-ng.c src/crypto.c src/sha1-mmx.S src/common.c src/aircrack-ptw-lib.c -o aircrack-ng -lpthread

/bin/sh: gcc: command not found

make: *** [aircrack-ng] Fejl 127

It's rather obvious then DaCh, You don't have GCC installed... ;)

Surely there is a "developers package" to include binutils/GCC/GNU make and friends.. :)

This is why I like OpenBSD... there is no separation between users and developers... :roll:

Surely there is a "developers package" to include binutils/GCC/GNU make and friends.. :)

This is why I like OpenBSD... there is no separation between users and developers... :roll:

Ohh ok. so i just need to install gcc an it well work :o ?

Ohh ok. so i just need to install gcc an it well work :o ?

It works :D Thx. i love BR :D