Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asmith

Connecting / Securing WPA Connect After I Have Been Connected

4 posts in this topic

Here's a question/scenario I dont quite get.

OK I understand about cracking WPA but here's something ... I sometimes connect to my friends wireless connection (which requires a password) and it is pretty good (Approx 24 MBPS)

BUT many times I connect, it says I am connected, yet I cant access the line. When I click open my IE it acts like I am not connected AND THE WPA LOCK IS STILL THERE.

Would having the password work? Hypothetically how would I crack/find the WPA password. Or is it because when he is online at the same time AND he logged on first that would make me unable to connect?

Would having the password work?

You do realize that you can't connect without the password?

Hypothetically how would I crack/find the WPA password.

Dictionary attack. If he's not using a common word for a password, then you can't. (you can but it's unfeasible)

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/

Would having the password work?

You do realize that you can't connect without the password?

Hypothetically how would I crack/find the WPA password.

Dictionary attack. If he's not using a common word for a password, then you can't. (you can but it's unfeasible)

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/

Maybe he is LETTING ME on. I CAN CONNECT to his network without the password. Yet sometimes I get locked out WHILE I am already in.

If you have full end-to-end connectivity on a WPA/PSK network without password, then it that it's not a WPA/PSK network. It seems that the friend then shuts down the AP, enables the WPA/PSK, sets the password and turns the AP back on.

Edited by WhatChout