Irongeek

Chanology

21 posts in this topic

I find this situation a little disgusting. Maybe I'm missing something, but the scientology "cult" is made of willing participants. Sure, they demand large sums of money and they seem pretty crazy to me, but who am I to judge? I can't help but think of another often misunderstood subculture demonized by most everyone else. How can you turn around and do that to someone else? I doubt most involved in the "raid" even know why they're participating, other than an "us vs. them" kind of thing and "everyone else is doing it."

Surely I must be missing something.

I find this situation a little disgusting. Maybe I'm missing something, but the scientology "cult" is made of willing participants. Sure, they demand large sums of money and they seem pretty crazy to me, but who am I to judge? I can't help but think of another often misunderstood subculture demonized by most everyone else. How can you turn around and do that to someone else? I doubt most involved in the "raid" even know why they're participating, other than an "us vs. them" kind of thing and "everyone else is doing it."

http://www.xenu.net/ has lots of information about scientology. Generally people disapprove of the CoS (Church of Scientology) not the beliefs of Scientology (which are pretty out there though).

And wasnt there already a thread about this?

WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?

I assume you've never heard of CoS members hounding, stalking, and killing people who wish to leave the church. Which leads to my question.

WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?

All I can think of is Joe's Garage. You'll love it, it's a way of life. The white zone is for loading and unloading only.

This is alot deeper then most know or think. It involves "ANON", "Ebaumsworld", "CoS", as well as individuals not tied to any group. The ignorance this is cause is also interesting. How people think that ANON is just trying to get rid of CoS on the basis they are a cult. NO ANON is doing this because CoS are trying to be "Authoritys" authoritys of the internet and anything else. Listen to the Tom Cruise video.

Im all for ANON at this point. How ever its things like this that give "hackers" a bad name. The media attention is going to be a hands across america freenzy for the mother who is over protective.

Its very interesting to follow and entertaining at that. Just my two cents

Edited by XxthugstylezxX

I have not heard of this and the site is down. Google cache and the way back machine dont seem to have a copy. From the conversation I gather there is a group of people running some kind of digital attack against the church of scientology??

EDIT:

So i found this, http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/PROJECT_CHANOLOGY and for some reason i cant stop laughing. The deceleration of war is the best part so far.

Edited by Lord Wud

This is getting crazy now. CoS has put out a response to ANON and all other hackers and groups that are working on chanology.

Check this out

Haha, that's the funniest video I've seen in a while. Considering there is no video, that's saying a lot. Reminds me of that scene in Commando (best movie ever) when the soldier tries to talk tough.

The Co$ aka worlds fastest growing cult, has been harassing the anon protesters by pretending to be anon and making you tube videos of threatening themselves about bomb threats. Just goes to show you how insecure Co$ feels about its "religion". Anonymous members have reported the bomb threats to FBI so they wont get in trouble for what Scientologist's are trying to bring on themselves. Another world wide picket is going to be held April, 12 i think. All should attend.

So I saw today an Ebaums thread is claiming they saw a thread on one of the chans that everyone was taking part in a raid to induce seizures using a javascript flaw on an epilepsy forum.

Bad. yes. People had seizures that were documented. People could have actually been killed by a "hack" for the first time I can think of. It is probably the first actual targeted physical attack over the Internets.

Here's the kicker though. This could very well be CoS allies "makin Anon look bad", I have seen that all over the Internet in various places while screwing off a couple times today. Even on the SA forums.

What is honestly shocking though are the amount of people saying that, and saying thing like "The good Anon needs a way to distance themselves from these lowlifes". I guess a fuckton of people don't get it at all. That this could be anyone, and anyone is Anon, but more to point this is the norm if it was a raid by a large numbers of Anon. Did anyone honestly think most of the oldfags were going to go around being the heroes of the new digital age? No way. Not when there are lulz to be had.

how can u verify anon vid being an anon vid, and not a vid from scientology playing it up?

how can u verify anon vid being an anon vid, and not a vid from scientology playing it up?

You can't. But it doesn't matter. Actions speak louder than words, and while set-ups are sure to happen, the conflict is between Anon and the CoS. The media isn't quite likely to get it, as aren't the masses, but again that's not all that important.

As long as the CoS shakes, no matter what they try to do to make Anon look bad, Anon is still winning, getting closer to their goal. At least they way I'm seeing it.

You can't. But it doesn't matter. Actions speak louder than words, and while set-ups are sure to happen, the conflict is between Anon and the CoS. The media isn't quite likely to get it, as aren't the masses, but again that's not all that important.

As long as the CoS shakes, no matter what they try to do to make Anon look bad, Anon is still winning, getting closer to their goal. At least they way I'm seeing it.

Also, you better be there tomorrow. :lol:

DDoS, threatening calls, threatening faxes, threatening emails.............. do I smell the horrible stench of skiddies near me?

DDoS, threatening calls, threatening faxes, threatening emails.............. do I smell the horrible stench of skiddies near me?

I think that's the allure of it. Here they are, minimal knowledge required, saying they pulled off something so big that it made all the news across the world. To the world outside, it's an incredible feat - which only feeds into the appeal.

Edited by Seal

i was looking through wikileaks and they've got leaked documents from Scientology, there's a big PDF with all their wacky ideas.

http://88.80.13.160/wiki/Church_of_Sciento...s_leaked_online

here's a bit about it -

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/08/ch...acts_wikileaks/

wikileaks is a really cool site.

http://wikileaks.org/

Edited by iceni

Sounds more like just being a hacker trying to terrorize something. The definition of skiddie is too loose, they could also be "black hat".

Also, chaining ellipses is cool.

Edited by deadc0de

Okay I'm kinda lost here this seems to be more of a relgious thing that "general hacking" topic. Can someone break this down to baby talk for me so i can understand wtf is going on, because to be completly honest im lost