natas

SpoofCard In The Movie Untraceable

12 posts in this topic

So SpoofCard is in the movie Untraceable that comes out this Friday, January 25th. They use it to make......drum roll.....untraceable calls! It's pretty cool that they actually had a good technical consultant for the movie who knew about how this kinda stuff is actually done.

Here's a trailer for the movie....looks pretty cool. I just got a copy of the script with the reference in it but haven't had time to read it yet.

I'm looking forward to checking it out on Friday though!!! Use the Fandango machines for an extra surprise when you pick up your ticket ;)

That's funny! I've been curious about this movie since it's been advertised. But I'm curious about this Fandango surprise. Is it worth using Tellme (1-800-555-TELL) or 1-800-FANDANGO to order a ticket? ;)

It's all about using the Fandango machine at the theater so you can see the surprise. Hint hint.

It's all about using the Fandango machine at the theater so you can see the surprise. Hint hint.

My local theater doesn't have a Fandango kiosk. Carmike Cinemas sucks, although they did upgrade all of their projectors to DLP.

I'm going to check out Untraceable in a half hour. I'll let you guys know what I think when I get back.

Oh noes he gots into her wireless network, he must have like uber WEP cracking skills. It looked like that car was running Microsoft Sync, this guy has some skills.

In all seriousness though an untraceable website? Wouldn't they just subpoena the host to take it down? Even if it was hosted off shores, all it would take is a couple calls to the foreign government.

They actually have a pretty good explanation of how his website is hosted so they can't mess with it. The movie is pretty good with its technical details.

The SpoofCard mention is quicker than it was written into the script. They only dropped the name once.

Overall the movie is pretty good. Kind of a crappy ending though.

They actually have a pretty good explanation of how his website is hosted so they can't mess with it.

what about domain name ? they can take it down or block DNS entries

I saw the movie last night. I liked how accurate they were with their terminology and technical explanations. However I didn't care too much for the storyline altogether. The ending sucked too, like Natas said. But as far as the Spoofcard references go, they actually mention the name of the service the first time, and then indirectly reference it near the end, which I thought was pretty funny, even though I was the only one in the theater laughing who actually got the reference. Everyone must have thought I was crazy for laughing at such a serious scene where a woman is at gunpoint about to get shot!

Amazingly enough I just saw the movie last night (with my date :P) and I can completely agree with Natas and Royal in saying that the movie was pretty good but the ending was very abrupt and seemed like it cut the movie short. The only flaws in the technical side of the movie that I could find were in the screenshots of the Internet Explorer windows where sometimes it would say "www.killwithme.com" and others with "http://www.killwithme.com/." Also the favicon is the Microsoft icon in all windows.

Sorry, I'm new to the forum..

Could someone fill me in on the Fandango surprise?