Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sycorax

Cheapest and best domain registration?

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

What are the cheapest domain name registrars out there that are actually worthwhile and don't try to bill you for random crap that you didn't ask for <_<

I'm quite happy with resellerzoom.com.

I started with the lowest level of service, which came out to something

like $15/qtr. I used it just for vanity email addresses really.

My computer club liked the mailman mailing list manager so much, they

decided to pay the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 of service.

I have yet had a surprise, their customer service is email only, but they

have a great turn around (including a problem resolution in 30 minutes

xmas day!) I have no plans on leaving.

Hope this mini review helps.

yours,

---

Deepgeek

name.com is the cheapest that I know and use. before I used to use namecheap.com but then they jacked their prices up.

NameCheap.com

Free whois guard, good support, nice cpanel. Worth it!

yeah, namecheap is good...couple of mine are register through there. Godaddy.com too...but their site can be a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes...just too much stuff on it.

I've always been very happy with domainsite. They have great prices and their tech support is in the US and very knowledgeable.

I've always been very happy with domainsite. They have great prices and their tech support is in the US and very knowledgeable.

I'll also vouch for DomainSite... I have about 12 domains with them. Simple yet effective interface, cheap domains, and no hidden costs anywhere.

I'm a 1and1.com whore. I've been using them for almost two years. They have wonderful deals on hosting and as long as you don't pull too much bandwidth or cpu, you should be ok. 1and1.com is only a bit more expensive (like 13 cents more than name.com) and it's pretty! You can't deny pretty ;D

I've got some at namecheap.com, godaddy.com, and domainsite.com

Namecheap does have the best control panel ever. Hands down. But they also are one of the highest priced registrars. I guess you pay for what you get.

Godaddy.com has the absolute worst control panel in the history of control panels. But I can get domains the cheapest from them and when you buy 5 you get free priv regs. Its also the most well known registrar so if you're ever selling its a good selling point.

Domainsite.com I've got 4 domains with. I haven't had any trouble with them, till now. I tried to transfer away from them and I dunno if I just got unlucky but it was a pain.