Arachia

need a hidden blocker

7 posts in this topic

Hey I am trying to find a program that will let me block a website either by url or by frezing the applet. The program needs to unseen in Explorer, desktop, and the taskbar but if it can seen/shutdown in task manger thats okay. I want to put it on me sister computer so she can't get to her game site runescape and it give her a can not find website or the java applet stop working. Ihave tried to use the standred Internet explorer options and the methods from these websites http://www.wikihow.com/Block-a-Website-in-Internet-Explorer http://www.delete-computer-history.com/how...-a-website.html

but nothing seems to work except putting the site in restricted in internet options and she can get around that easy. Not only is she not supose to be playing games cause her mom grounded her she got mad at me and delete all my games and stole most of the disc. I am really at my wits end runescape is the only game she plays and since it is on the internet and so is her homework I can't keep her off it, please help.

are you trying to do this on the box that will be pranked ? ie localy? like at a friends house... i suggest you could just edit the host file and stick in

www.sitetobeblockedorredirected.com 232.232.122.42 will be the IP address of wher eyou want the preson to go to

so any time the person tries to go on that site they will eather not get to it (if thats what you want) or they will be re-directed to another site that you set.

In the idea of freedom of information, I will show you how to block the website...

HAAA

I am doing it on my sisters computer aka box so I can control when she goes on games instead of homework.

If I understand the host file method you put the site to be blocked first then the site you want them to be sent to right. I will try that I sound like the oppisite way the site have been telling me which didn't work. so maybe it will.

okay the turorial worked thanks xof7

Edited by Arachia

Do you have a home-router between the computer and the internet?? maybe you could block whatever ports are required for her games to work. Better if she's got her own computer.. maybe your router will let you schedule a 1 hour game period for her box per day. That'd should really piss her off; Until she figures out how to reset the router with that little button in the back.