Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arachia

Hey looking for the right memory

2 posts in this topic

Hey ya'll I am having some trouble finding the memory that will work for Compaq 6485CL the spec say that it has this:

Memory 512 MB DDR SDRAM

Memory Max 1 GB

Memory Speed 2100 MB/Sec

Total DIMM Sockets 2-184 pin

I bought a pair of 512 that I thought would work from circuit city but they didn't work in my machines or a hp media center 894c in any configuration.

I'll get those exact specs tomarrow but i think the only diffrence was they had a little higher speed.

I don't know what was wrong with them they are kingstons and they were supose to work, so any help would be good.

Okay the memory is kingston 512 mb pc3200 400mz ddr i thought they were 184 and the product number is kvr400/512r which shows up on a google search as 184 pin. Given what you said and this info I take it the ram is to fast for my desktop.

I'll just have to find something slower at least I manage to get the graphic card up to 128mb and a 550 watt power supply. Just need one more ram card and replace the front ports with a multi reader and this computer will be as maxed as I think I would like it unless I double the graphic agian but I don't know if the computer can take it with out a cpu upgrade.

personal note:kingston original equivalent KTC-PR266/512

Edited by Arachia