Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natas

Verizon Site

29 posts in this topic

i came across this website verizon runs mostly for employees and such. its got some really good stuff. check out the videos and the newsletters and all that! its:

www.verizon.com/eweb

Didn't this used to be a closed circuit website? I remember seeing it on their fax-on-demand documents, but it was never accessible.

OOH! They link a special subsite of barnes and noble that gives 10 percent off to verizon employees.

All Verizon employees receive FREE STANDARD shipping on all orders placed - single product orders qualify

Verizon employees will be billed a reduced rate for any expedited shipping options they choose

There is no discount code to use, just order through this site and the discount is applied automatically at checkout.

Bulk order discounts (50 copies or more)Contact - Kyle Scott

The discount is not good at your local B&N store.

Yay! no shipping! this ROCKS... of course I generally just get books from the library... Ahwell, its good to have on hand.

[addendum] Wow! they actually have a bunch of spiffy verizon discount codes on dell stuff, flowers, and some office stores and things.

The password doesn't work anymore oddly... Do you still have that list of discount codes?

yea, the password doesn't work anymore... :o

still on vacation yb? ause I'm in school right now :( . Lucky person!

They probibly moniter (sp?) the site and found out people were logging in and changed the password. Not suprising, we'll find it eventually. :D

yeah, the password was listed up there^ and also on the sight. ^_^

Anyway, yeah, still on vacation, thats why i can talk to yall! other wise myparents=:blowfuse:

The password doesn't work anymore oddly... Do you still have that list of discount codes?

Heya BA, why'd you never reply to my e-mail?

I have a list of a few other companies' discount codes; I can dig them up if you're desperate. Check out the User Group websites (like NYLUG.org, the PC UG sites, etc) for some other ones (easier to find w/o asking) -- look through their minutes; that's where they typically stash stuff).

/ab

I thought I replied to your e-mails that I could reply to. Which one do you mean?

i posted a link to another great site in the linkz forum....check it out.

sweet stuff

I thought I replied to your e-mails that I could reply to. Which one do you mean?

About the book -- I was saying if you want to finish scanning I'll do the OCR and proofreading...

Let me know. Oh and by the way, I was wrong -- the "less good" edition was published in 86, not 84, methinks :)

/ab

About the book -- I was saying if you want to finish scanning I'll do the OCR and proofreading...

Let me know. Oh and by the way, I was wrong -- the "less good" edition was published in 86, not 84, methinks :)

/ab

Oh okay, well I only have the 1978 edition now, but I agree. 84-86 Engineering and Operations in the Bell System was not the best. I don't think I'm going to scan the whole thing, but I have a table of contents. If you want anything let me know.

http://showcase.netins.net/web/briskattivo/EOBS-TOC.txt

Good deal, Thanks! :)

Oh, by the way if you haven't read "Telephone Switching Systems" by Richard Thompson, then by all means do so. It's a kick-ass book (if not for the light of heart (or pocket))... It's probably the one absolutely indispensible purely telco-tech book I own (runner-up is a copy of the OLD Newton's Telecom Dictionary).

/ab

No, it's actually kind of purple, yellow and green, really thick and heavy. Good doorstop! :D There's a pic of it on Amazon...

/ab

well this isnt verizon info and i didnt feel like starting a new thread for this, but this qwest page has some good info. if you dig around you can find out what switches are deployed where straight from the source.

http://www.qwest.com/disclosures/

Edited by natas