Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wolfman1984

The Last Hope

22 posts in this topic

The Wolfman called the Hotel Pennsylvania today to see what there special room rates are for The Last Hope. According to the reservation clerk, an agreement hasn't been reached yet with 2600 and the Hotel. They told me to call back on Tuesday. (I guess an agreement will be reached on Tuesday??)

I doubt it, but does anyone know what the rates are going to be??

Is anyone going from the Ottawa/Canada area?? My girlfriend said she would go with me, but in return I have to follow her shopping one day.....NO THANKS!!! :)

As they get closer to the actual date, probably in April/May they'll announce the 2600 group hotel rate. I remember paying about $450 for three nights in 2004. But either way, I like usually not getting a room. "Dude, can I crash in your room tonight?" and such.

But either way I'll be there, I only live 15 miles away. Also take your bitch shopping on 5th avenue. All the Canadian tourists love to do it.

I am traveling from Ireland :) ! I think 150$ a night doesn't seem to be much of a con rate, I saw it quotes somewhere as closer to 50 a night (cannot remember where!), Also 5th Avenue is too expensive take her to one of the outlet spots, Less walking too. Just sit down with your laptop while she runs about ;) !

Also take your bitch shopping on 5th avenue. All the Canadian tourists love to do it.

Nah, I think I'm going to leave my bitch at home!

Hopefully we will know the prices soon.

Well when someone finds out more about the Hope, post it on the forums. I would love to goo, must be a great learning expirence!

http://www.hope.net/

They had to schedule it right in the middle of my backpacking trip in Montana. I guess I can only hope (no pun intended) that it really isn't the last one...

The Wolfman called the Hotel Pennsylvania today to see what there special room rates are for The Last Hope. According to the reservation clerk, an agreement hasn't been reached yet with 2600 and the Hotel. They told me to call back on Tuesday. (I guess an agreement will be reached on Tuesday??)

I doubt it, but does anyone know what the rates are going to be??

Is anyone going from the Ottawa/Canada area?? My girlfriend said she would go with me, but in return I have to follow her shopping one day.....NO THANKS!!! :)

I'm from Ottawa. Went last time, but not so sure if I'm gonna go again this year. I stayed at a hostel though - Chelsea Star -and paid $35/night. As far as hostels go, it wasn't the best, but the location was awesome. I can't afford a hotel, so that's what I did.

Hey Seal,

We've met at the Ottawa 2600 meets a few times. It’s been a while since I’ve gone, but I'm the guy with the white apple briefcase and laptop. I also talked to you about hosting the o2600 site. I am also part wolf - part human….so you really should remember me 

To bad your not going to HOPE this year. I will be going this Friday so maybe I can talk you into going.

Has anyone found out what the room rates are going to be??

I am also part wolf - part human….so you really should remember me 

Sounds like a meeting not to forget.... ;-)

Hoping to get to HOPE this year, I'll have to see how family plans pan out.

Munge.

PS. Should be easy to spot, I'm the scruffy geek.

I second the hostel idea. Why the fuck would anyone pay that much for a hotel? Fuck that shit. Gotta be street smart when you're traveling and look for good deals.

I'm going to try to make it to HOPE this time around. As long as I've got my game plan straight, it won't be too hard to get to New York and hang out with some leet folk.

Someone should offer them a website re-design for free room and board.

ok someone explain to me what we are talking about? idiot here

Dudes, jsut share hotel rooms. That'll bring the price waaay down.

so what all goes on at hope?

follow the links mentioned in the wiki article.

I think ill be going. Im going to try to hack NJ transit to use my 3 zone bus pass to get up to NYC and back. By hack I mean plan my route so i only travel 3 zones at a time. Does anyone want to split a room?

I think ill be going. Im going to try to hack NJ transit to use my 3 zone bus pass to get up to NYC and back. By hack I mean plan my route so i only travel 3 zones at a time. Does anyone want to split a room?

Lord Wud, can you present this bus zone hacking technique in more detail? Perhaps in the retail hacking forum? Thanks.. :roll:

Lord Wud, can you present this bus zone hacking technique in more detail? Perhaps in the retail hacking forum? Thanks.. :roll:

Ill post it once I figure out the details. The basic idea is that when riding NJ Transit you pay more depending on how many zones you cross. From my house to Philadelphia is 3 zones, So I buy a pass every month that lets me ride up to 3 zones for free. In theory I should be able to use it to ride three zones, get off, then ride another three zones. The problem is that the zones are completely arbitrary and not listed on the website. So I have to figure out where they are and see if i can make a schedule to get from south jersey to NYC without crossing more then three zones at a time..