Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BINREV SPYD3R

WINTER ISSUE OF 2600 RELEASED

19 posts in this topic

In addition to being the day of the first 2600 meetings of the year, this is also the day that the Winter edition of 2600 can be found in your various retail outlets or maybe even in your mailbox if you were wise enough to subscribe. If you find neither of those to be true, all hope is not yet lost. Hitting this link here will start you on the road to salvation.

http://www.2600.com/news/view/article/8019

I hope they have fixed the binding issues they have been having lately. I found my last issue almost impossible to read because the pages were bound to close together (I hope that makes sense)

I'm not a fan of their new printshop since they were forced to switch over.

I'm off to my mailbox now to see if my sub has arrived.

the binding did seem to be better, but i left my copy in my friends backseat shortly after i bought it last night. so I haven't had a chance to do anything but flip through it and point out pay phones from iraq to people that dont care.

Looking through the articles listed on the site it seems to be another issues filled with rehashed topics which have been published to death and people already know about. They really need to start getting some decent content or the readers just need to get smarter.

Has anyone with a subscription in Canada recieved their copy of 2600 yet? Mine still hasn't arrived.... :pissed:

I haven't gotten my copy in Florida yet either.

I'm really surprised they printed an article on beige boxing. I haven't read it yet, but I mean c'mon, what advances could there possibly be in the 25 odd years of beige boxing?

Edited by deadwax

I have not got the new issue in Ireland yet by subscription.

I'm really surprised they printed an article on beige boxing. I haven't read it yet, but I mean c'mon, what advances could there possibly be in the 25 odd years of beige boxing?

I seem to recall they had an article on beige boxing back in 2000 or 2001. Strange that there is another article on this subject. Maybe someone's come up with a new use for the beige box?

Just checked my mail...still haven't gotten mine in Florida.

Looking through the articles listed on the site it seems to be another issues filled with rehashed topics which have been published to death and people already know about. They really need to start getting some decent content or the readers just need to get smarter.

Yes, I blame the hacker community for the abstainment of the submission of superior articles. 2600 is still a fabulous publication, yet the quality has definately deteriorated over the years, primarily due to the onset of so-called \"web-hacking\" (general worthless persuits such as modifying markup code, XSSing MySpace, etc.) and also 2600\'s insistence on incorporating material from the numerous branches of hacking, phreaking, and general computer security, often from people far outside of the hacker community. For those of you who are fortunate enough to possess back issues from around the 1990s, I urge you to examine them and compare them to today\'s issues-you may agree with me in this regard. 2600 seems to have gone from a small newsletter with too little, but quality, content in the 1980s, to a comfortable amount of quality content in the 1990s, to an excess of mediocre content in the 2000s.

Edited by The Philosopher

Managed to haul across town to Boarders to check the mag rack. Still wasn't there. On the way out, I glanced in a box of magazines waiting to be put on the shelf, and what do I see underneath a stack of some fashion mag? A small, black, back cover. Yay! Still haven't had a serious sit down with it, but scanning the articles and letters it looks like a pretty good one.

The cover is the best one I've seen in a while. I imagine researching all the images on it will prove rather interesting.

Mine still not arrived and I am subscribed! Probably because I am in Ireland, Any other subscribers get it?

Mine still not arrived and I am subscribed! Probably because I am in Ireland, Any other subscribers get it?

I checked today and still have not gotten mine and I am in Florida!

It was decent. This had the best cover ever, which is sad because the articles were alright.

The main problem, which I informed Emmanuel at the NYC 2600 Meeting when he just came back from Europe, is that they screwed up the font sizes in the issue.

In short: Never leave NotKevin in charge of printing ever again. :lol:

i was all upset because i didnt get my issue. then i realized that my subscription ran out. =[

In short: Never leave NotKevin in charge of printing ever again. :lol:

It was a bit dodgey but not too bad in all fairness, The abuse you all give that poor lad :P;) !

On a side note lads still no sign of it! I wonder what the hold up is no news of it on the 2600 website, I hope it is not another main fiasco!

Am I the only one annoyed that the picture they used for the beigeboxing article was clearly a bluebox (or at least some other tone generating box, with original 500 earpiece and all...)?