Shadowdog1998

Hacking Tutorials

20 posts in this topic

so, the reason you probably haven't found much "hacking" related material is because you've been searching with too broad of terms: "hacking" "cracking" "network security" etc

"Hacking" can include lock picking, social engineering, advanced mathematics, physical security, etc none of which are directly computer related, which seems to be what you're looking for.

If you search, or ask, for something more specific, say for example "enumerating windows/samba shares" then you might find more of what your looking for.

Hope that helps. btw, if you are interested in enumerating windows/samba shares you might want to check out ShareEnum from SysInternals or ResView from NirSoft.

so, the reason you probably haven't found much "hacking" related material is because you've been searching with too broad of terms: "hacking" "cracking" "network security" etc

"Hacking" can include lock picking, social engineering, advanced mathematics, physical security, etc none of which are directly computer related, which seems to be what you're looking for.

If you search, or ask, for something more specific, say for example "enumerating windows/samba shares" then you might find more of what your looking for.

Hope that helps. btw, if you are interested in enumerating windows/samba shares you might want to check out ShareEnum from SysInternals or ResView from NirSoft.

well for me im really just looking for any type of computer tutorials but my searchs were not quite as specific as what you just suggested but i do not just go for "hacking/cracking/hacks" anyway thanks for the suggestion i edited my first post so people know i am lookking for just computer tutorials. as long as it deals with computers and it will help me learn something i could careless. Thanks

what is phrack?

what is phrack?

Phrack is a phreak/hack magazine that started out as text files way back in the BBS days... Hackers and Phreakers would write articles and if they were good enough, they'd get published into their phile. It was pure excitement when the new one came out.

http://www.phrack.org/

well for me im really just looking for any type of computer tutorials but my searchs were not quite as specific as what you just suggested but i do not just go for "hacking/cracking/hacks" anyway thanks for the suggestion i edited my first post so people know i am lookking for just computer tutorials. as long as it deals with computers and it will help me learn something i could careless. Thanks

what is phrack?

thanks

Lol @ Irongeek's site on there.

Irongeek is here.

I merly posted sites with good tutorials

Ok, well you have to understand what "hacking" a computer actually is. There's (basically) only a few steps that "hackers" take to forcibly gain root access to a computer.

1. Enumeration - Find out as much as you can about said computer/network whatever. What are they running, what ports are open, etc...

2. Find a weakness - Maybe they're running a really old version of apache or something...whatever. Find a weakness and exploit it. (Milw0rm, packet storm, exploit tree, etc... are good resources for finding vulnerabilities and exploits of current software)

3. ???? (4chan joke...)

4. Turn that box into an email spam server for a Chinese erectile dysfunction cream.

Disclaimer: but seriously. use your powers for good, not evil.

Edited by grahamboree

Irongeek's vids do pwn.

they do dont they

Thanks for you information

Added a links to openssh, putty, and john the ripper

Edited by Shadowdog1998

I have not seen it, point me in the right direction if there is please.

I have not seen it, point me in the right direction if there is please.

Thanks will post there.