cyber-geek

Projecting an image to a system administrator

19 posts in this topic

On the computer system i use, there is a system that allows the system admin to view what you are doing, it uses port 3003, i think. But is there wa way to send a blank desktop to that computer, so you can get on without them watching you.

On the computer system i use, there is a system that allows the system admin to view what you are doing, it uses port 3003, i think. But is there wa way to send a blank desktop to that computer, so you can get on without them watching you.

It might help to know what OS you're running?

It's a trojan of some sort. Anyway, don't you think that they would become suspicious once one of the surveilled stations sends "blank desktop"?

I think he means a no activity desktop. Like taking a Printscreen then projecting it over that port in some way. Like when you printscreen your friends desktop, delete all the desktop icons, hide the start bar, then set the printscreen as the background.

I can't remember exactly how it works but on XP there is that AT command you can use to fire up explorer after a minute or so... as a super user.. would that make it harder for him to track your activity? doubt it.. but it might be worth a try.

Except you need to be an administrator to do that in the first place.

oh yeah.. that would be a problem...

Have ya gone through the process manager and started killing things to see what would happen?

Except you need to be an administrator to do that in the first place.

oh yeah.. that would be a problem...

Have ya gone through the process manager and started killing things to see what would happen?

yes i have but the port opens again, but you can use that method to end the web security bit of it all other software is either access denied or opens back up, the software is called impero and if you want pm me and i will send acopy of the software

also it is not a trojan the software that proccesses it moniters all computers on network, or you could be able to help me get pass accessed denied or get access to systems 32 as it is blocked

If you can kill the process, then you could try opening port 3003 before the application is restarted.

EDIT:

According to the website,

Everything users do on your network is discretely logged to a central location. Impero Logviewer makes it easy to view these logs and detailed reports on network computer activity can be produced.

These logs are useful to prove access to a particular resource, show what documents a particular user has printed or show how long a student was off task for and what they were doing during that time.

If this is the case on the network you use, then stealing port 3003 obviously won't stop the central logging.

If all else fails, boot a live CD...unless doing so has been disabled in the password-protected bios

Edited by chown

If you can kill the process, then you could try opening port 3003 before the application is restarted.

EDIT:

Everything users do on your network is discretely logged to a central location. Impero Logviewer makes it easy to view these logs and detailed reports on network computer activity can be produced.

These logs are useful to prove access to a particular resource, show what documents a particular user has printed or show how long a student was off task for and what they were doing during that time.

If this is the case on the network you use, then stealing port 3003 obviously won't stop the central logging.

If all else fails, boot a live CD...unless doing so has been disabled in the password-protected bios

Like booting A LiveCD is possible. They're going to freak when they see a weird desktop, and at least be concerned when you are at the computer but nothing is being logged.

EDIT:

Like booting A LiveCD is possible. They're going to freak when they see a weird desktop, and at least be concerned when you are at the computer but nothing is being logged.

Let them freak... you don't happen to have a written copy of their 'rules' we could pick through??

or just start sending crap out that 3003 or whatever port... do a DNS on his little watcher program. Opps? sorry... I was playing with network sockets in C and 3003 sounded like a easy one to remember... sorry you were already using that to monitor our actions Mr. Bush. or whatever name you want to iterate your point with.

Edited by PurpleJesus

i know it does that but the logs are stored on remote servers an the admin client software will notopen them on our network. and i dont-care about the log as i can make it wipe itself, its the fact thah they can see whats onmy screen i want to stop

i know it does that but the logs are stored on remote servers an the admin client software will notopen them on our network. and i dont-care about the log as i can make it wipe itself, its the fact thah they can see whats onmy screen i want to stop

You can write a batch script that would kill the spy process everytime it starts up.

EDIT:

Let them freak... you don't happen to have a written copy of their 'rules' we could pick through??

or just start sending crap out that 3003 or whatever port... do a DNS on his little watcher program. Opps? sorry... I was playing with network sockets in C and 3003 sounded like a easy one to remember... sorry you were already using that to monitor our actions Mr. Bush. or whatever name you want to iterate your point with.

whos rules

yes but it comes up access denied i have a .bat that kills the web security but not the user client

EDIT:

Assuming hes using a linux Live CD, just make a bartpe windows live cd and configure it to look like the one at school.