doug

Default Radio to return?

61 posts in this topic

Default Radio comeback hasn't raelly failed. It is nobodys fault for the show working out but mine to be honest. More issues in my personal real life kind of changed my plans for Default. I know that royal and others, including even lucky225 was serious about doing default on a regular basis, but i haven't been around lately.

The difference as someone pointed out from the oldskool Default vs today is yeah, decoder got on my ass alot, but then again i didn't have a busy life back then either. Back then a lot of the ideas were mostly decoder mixed in with my editing, etc (til we started doing it live)

As of today, i can't come up with any content, but lucky and royal have helped out a lot with that. I've also started doing a really good radio show out here locally every monday and that kind of took up my default time, not to mention i also get a different kind of feedback with that show than i do with Default. For one the audience for the broadcast was so small on Default, it was pretty sad, and nobody cared about "Default Chronicles" that decoder and I came up with, so i kind of just figured there wasn't a point to do the show anymore right now. The whole "you can't bring something back from the dead" stayed in my head, same reason which is why Doug TV 6 hasn't really been in the editing works to be released as a new episode. But once I'm settled and everyone is up to it, we'll do at least another show.

As of today, i can't come up with any content, but lucky and royal have helped out a lot with that. I've also started doing a really good radio show out here locally every monday and that kind of took up my default time, not to mention i also get a different kind of feedback with that show than i do with Default. For one the audience for the broadcast was so small on Default, it was pretty sad, and nobody cared about "Default Chronicles" that decoder and I came up with, so i kind of just figured there wasn't a point to do the show anymore right now. The whole "you can't bring something back from the dead" stayed in my head, same reason which is why Doug TV 6 hasn't really been in the editing works to be released as a new episode. But once I'm settled and everyone is up to it, we'll do at least another show.

I've been a long time listener of Default since the early days (2004). I'm sure if you give it some time, it can be just as good as the classic Default. I like what I've heard of the new episodes. Are you guys open to suggestions on material? Maybe I could email one of you some ideas for the show. I'd be willing to help out.

As of today, i can't come up with any content

AFAIR you haven't done email reading, you wanted listeners to email you and submit content and when it happened

it wasn't aired and now you are stating you can't figure out a content.

I know other shows that do 'Listener Feedback' as a whole episode so it is some sort of a content you can come up with.

Default Radio comeback hasn't raelly failed. It is nobodys fault for the show working out but mine to be honest. More issues in my personal real life kind of changed my plans for Default. I know that royal and others, including even lucky225 was serious about doing default on a regular basis, but i haven't been around lately.

The difference as someone pointed out from the oldskool Default vs today is yeah, decoder got on my ass alot, but then again i didn't have a busy life back then either. Back then a lot of the ideas were mostly decoder mixed in with my editing, etc (til we started doing it live)

It's way cool if you got some local show you're working on... radiowaves always win imo... But toss Royal and Lucky an education bone on how to release a show and let it happen.

I know lucky has time, I see him on consumerist all day :P

p.s. Majestic has to call in, while wandering down woodward again.

Don't forget to have whitesword randomly call in..........

Can anyone from default give an update on the current status of default radio?

fucking loved that show and sucks that it's gone once again..

Well, it's like this. One of the members of the new default radio episodes is facing some pretty nasty legal trouble right now. Another was banned from this forum, and another goes on the forum, like, once every year.

After hearing this brought up several times on confs, my understanding is that this time that it's dead for good. imho, it's time anyway we make ourselves another radio show. It's been a good couple of years since we've seen *any* radio shows, much less any new ones. As I said a year (or two) ago, this forum really, really needs some inspiration.

Thank you for your reply ThoughtPhreaker.

Is it possible to tell us who the one is facing legal problems?

Doug does not sound like the one who gets into trouble, lucky might but he is probally the lazy guy who never comes on the forum lol.

So that leaves Royal?

Anyway, it would be nice to see a new radio show. the only one i know of right now is OTH but that show has been dead for many years when it comes to good content..

Thank you for your reply ThoughtPhreaker.

Is it possible to tell us who the one is facing legal problems?

Doug does not sound like the one who gets into trouble, lucky might but he is probally the lazy guy who never comes on the forum lol.

So that leaves Royal?

Anyway, it would be nice to see a new radio show. the only one i know of right now is OTH but that show has been dead for many years when it comes to good content..

Interesting process of elimination strategy you have there...

Default Radio is cursed. Let it rest in peace and try listening to many of the other (internet) radio shows out there. Maybe sometime in the not-too-distant future there can be a revival method, but don't bother thinking about it for a while.

thanks for your reply Royal, and good to see i was wrong about you :)

guess we will just have to wait and hope it ever returns.