doug

Default Radio to return?

61 posts in this topic

Official Default Radio Callin line.

We're not sure when we will be starting LIVE again but the callin line that we've tested and works is 1-888-940-1212. The phone number is up only during the live broadcasted. Other times it'll just be a busy signal. Currently this number does not accept calls from payphones, i'm trying to see if the phone company will let us accept calls, i dont mind paying for any surcharges because this is default and we want people calling from payphones!! But worse case situation I'll find some kind of voip company that allows calls from payphones and we'll just have a second tollfree, no big deal. I just like this number because it does end with 1212.

We'll all be having a non-toll free number for call ins if people are worried about CPN/ANI where u can just block your caller id. The DID will also be a PBX system when default radio is not on air, allowing you to leave voicemails for the show and there will be an Default Introduction Voicemailbox, allowing you to leave introductions for the show before the opening song starts.

hey, do you need any canadian phreaking things?

St.GIGA PhreakRadio isnt going too well and Id rather help with a well established setup then wing it on my own.

So awesome to have Default back. I just started listening, word to having the same KMFDM intro song.

Did Default Radio stream this week or did I miss it?

Did Default Radio stream this week or did I miss it?

You didn't miss anything, Doug was MIA this week. Last week, which was when we were suppose to do it, he said he'd do it wednesday, but, never did.

Everyone should send email to 1111@defaultradio.net to complain.

I'm surprised episode 43 isn't on the site yet. As soon as Doug gets it uploaded, you'll hear some leet shit indeed. We had to do this one pre-recorded because Doug was unable to stream this week either. Also make sure you keep checking the site for times we do special episodes...

I don't know if you are doing this for fans or for fun because right now your response to customer feedback sux.

There is no info on when the next will be recorded or uploaded, no response to direct contact.

I know you have your own problems but this is a show, something that has expectations on both sides and right now

it is all on mercy of Doug.

No offense to doug, but I prefer the days when decoder was the one calling the shots for Default Radio. The show was always as scheduled and the public was kept informed of what was going on.

Radar, Havoc, stop your whining.. You should be more grateful that Doug has taken the initiative to redo the show. Have you ever tried releasing a show on a consistent schedule? It'll burn you out quickly. Instead of complaining maybe you should try contributing something.. :mumble:

P.S. Much props Doug, keep up the good work.. :voteyes:

You should be more grateful that Doug has taken the initiative to redo the show.

oh sure, I should be very grateful for having two episodes, then information about when new will show up

and next silence, no episodes, no info, no update, no reply to contact just vanity

is it really the reason to be grateful ? how would PB fans feel if station will air two episodes and then stop informing about anything ?

you should try contributing something.. :mumble:

what makes you think I did not ?

Edited by Havoc

Radar, Havoc, stop your whining.. You should be more grateful that Doug has taken the initiative to redo the show. Have you ever tried releasing a show on a consistent schedule? It'll burn you out quickly. Instead of complaining maybe you should try contributing something.. :mumble:

P.S. Much props Doug, keep up the good work.. :voteyes:

Its actually you that need to actually look into Default Radio, because Havoc was one of the people that sent in alot of great information for the show. As much as I like Default Radio, doug, decoder, and the old Socal Crew, this can and will never be the same. And your talking about Contributing, What do you have in Default Radio? I have heard many Mentions of Havoc, emails from Havoc, lucking giving shouts to Havoc ... You know what .. if this is what the scene is now ...

FUCK YOUR SCENE, and FUCK ALL THIS PETTY ASS SIDE VS. SIDE shit ... Get a Clue ...

Edited .. Just cuZ

Edited by Majest|c

FUCK YOUR SCENE, and FUCK ALL THIS PETTY ASS SIDE VS. SIDE shit ... Get a Clue ...

ACH Vs. Binrev for Life ... :grr:

I have nothing to do with any of this. Please keep me out.

I agree with havoc that there are expectations that should be fulfilled to the listeners, which is a responsibility to those who do a show like Default Radio. Personally, I have been doing everything in my power to help with the show, a large amount of which is the content/topics. Unfortunately there is only so much I can do without being one of the streamers/recorders, or site maintainers. For example, episode 43, which had to be pre-recorded, still hasn't been edited and uploaded to the site, and, unfortunately, that part is out of my hands. I don't want to point any fingers, but more effort is indeed needed on our part as a whole. In the meantime, let's not turn constructive criticism into an all out brawl. That's one of the reasons that the scene had been tearing apart and getting inactive. Like I've said before, I feel optimistic about 2008, and I'm confident that things can improve with all of us in the general h/p scene.

So anyway let's not fight about this, but rather try to help improve and contribute where we can (yes I know some you of already have and it's much appreciated).

If need be, I can edit, upload, or even record the show for you if you'd like for the meantime.

Okay, perhaps I was a bit rash and I apologize to you personally, Havoc.

..and no Majestic, I've never done anything for Default (although I do have something in the works.)

I just wanted to make the point that at least someone is _trying_ to step up and do the show..

Sorry if I offended anyone.

I just wanted to make the point that at least someone is _trying_ to step up and do the show..

Much agreed. Making a show is much harder than research, etc. It doesn't seem like it would be to the observer, but it really is. It took me 3 days of my free time to get to the point where I could pronounce a measly 5 minutes of material correctly (erm..maybe not all). IMHO, everyone who complained about "customer service" and such should try doing an HPR episode. Try it, it's no where near as easy as it looks. Much respect to anyone who can do a show regularly.

Edited by w3lshrarebit

IMHO, everyone who complained about "customer service" and such should try doing an HPR episode.

I can speak only for myself so my complain was about the lack of update on what is going on and not about the idea of doing a show.

Try it, it's no where near as easy as it looks.

however I don't see a problem with posting a sentence about what is going on, even if you are in the middle of nowhere you can ask your friends to post it on your behalf

as for today we see other message : DR site is down so something is cooking up

You're quite right about that being a lapse in etiquette (and prolly just overlooked), however, I agree that consideration should be given to the time and effort put in voluntarily when forming "expectations".

as for today we see other message : DR site is down so something is cooking up

I hope it's sorted soon too:)

So what's going down with Default Radio? Haven't heard much about it lately. There hasn't been a new ep since February.

Some stuff happened. :ninja: We'll get it back, just not sure when.