Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Busta

Laptop will autodestruct in 5 seconds!!!

23 posts in this topic

hi guys,

just for the sake of hacking, i want to make a program that will auto destruct my laptop if the wrong password is typed 3 times.

i love this hobby and this is why i want to do it.

i think the cleanest way to do it is to change bios voltage settings. I have a VAIO pcg-k33 laptop.

fist of all i think its pointless to re-invent the weel, so please tell me if there is already a program or virus for this?

now what makes things easier is that there is already an upgrade bios file on sony's site:

http://esupport.sony.com/CA/perl/swu-downl...718&os_id=7

now when i extract the file it has the BIN image. how do i read this to know what i am changing.

I tried changed something but i get a checksum error. any ideas?

i know most of you guys have the knowledge i dont have. so i appreciate any help.

please do not post things like: "what don't you just piss in the usb slot to kill it (by short circuit)" or things like "you're so mean"

i know so there's no need to say it.

thanks guys in advance

Edited by Busta

damaging the bios or changing the voltage really wont do anything. as long as the hard drive platter stays in tact all of the information is still there and readable.

I don't understand the logic in doing this to your laptop. Are you saying once it destructs, the laptop won't be usable anymore and would basically be a brick?

oh i know the hard drive wont format itself, i'll make sure the program formats the important info and then changes the bios.

yes it will be like a brick, but not really a brick coz you cant use it to build a wall or somethin.

the bios stores the voltage info on its rom and if you change the processor and the lcd info then these two will be pretty much useless (bricks).

Edited by Busta

Modern motherboard's have bios protection. Judging from you post doing this is way over your head.

serial command ignites a thermite charge. get some thermite and read up on serial programming.

opps, unity took my idea and posted it before i could.

Edited by Eater of PIE!

What if he forgets his password? Better yet what if it goes off randomly lol

Edited by canr

What if he forgets his password?

Yeah, I suggest he write it down on a post it note and stick it on his screen just in case. He could do it in ROT13

how to destroy any computer: modify a network cable to plug into a power outlet. attach network cable to network card. have a fire extinguisher available.

What if he forgets his password?

Yeah, I suggest he write it down on a post it note and stick it on his screen just in case. He could do it in ROT13

The point is not for anyone to get access :D

How about writing an encryption routine that actually writes to the data back on to the drive... right pw and it decodes everything just nice... wrong password and every file becomes corrupted.

you have one chance to get it right. and you won't know for the ten or twenty minutes it takes to run.

Why would you want a VAIO to self-destruct because three miss-attempts of passwords? Last time I checked VAIO's weren't that cheap lol. Is it because just in case if someone tried getting inside or something but you could just make the computer lock after a certain amount of failed password attempts. But if you really wanted to do that for whatever reason, I don't think it would completely be able to completely destruct everything. I suggest not making a expensive laptop into a brick =]

yes it will be like a brick, but not really a brick coz you cant use it to build a wall or somethin.

:huh: How could you benefit from a blank laptop? Besides reinstall every thing... IDK :D

I'd say, don't use the power supply provided with the laptop and connect it directly to the wall (120V) with a cable you cut. This should burn something.

how to destroy any computer: modify a network cable to plug into a power outlet. attach network cable to network card. have a fire extinguisher available.

You mean "how to destroy any computer's motherboard"? Why do it with the network card anyway? Also, you must live in a weird house where there are no fuses. In most cases doing what you suggest would result in a power outage.

You mean "how to destroy any computer's motherboard"? Why do it with the network card anyway? Also, you must live in a weird house where there are no fuses. In most cases doing what you suggest would result in a power outage.

It should work in my apartment building.. The maintenance guy repaired all the fuses with pennies... no.. I am not shitting you. I really need to move.

I'd say, don't use the power supply provided with the laptop and connect it directly to the wall (120V) with a cable you cut. This should burn something.

Better yet, do the above but in Europe: 220V!

serial command ignites a thermite charge. get some thermite and read up on serial programming.

what kind of serial commands are you talk about. thermite charge?

PJ, the encryption decryption theory is pretty much what M$ does since windows xp. it actually decrypts all private files in my documents, etc...

but i like your theory, i will look into this after i'm done with this "experiment".

now does anyone know anything about checksum. when i modify the bin file it doesnt want to flash because of that. the program is WinPhlash

i dont care if my laptop ends up not working. i will be careful but what i have is an old half working laptop.

i would like to post the bin file and but i dont know if i can post it here.

some tell me that the program has to be changed to the new checksum but what if there is an update.. isn't the flash program supposed to accept new versions even if the checksum isnt the same?

thx in advance guys

ya... well short circuit isnt a safe procedure. can kill you, can cut electricity from the house. can melt stuff. and..... sometime your pc is fine. because the power management inside the laptop cuts it. so you end up with a laptop where only the power manager is dead but everything else is there.

ofcourse not all laptops have this but i wont try it to prove who was right ;)

How about writing an encryption routine that actually writes to the data back on to the drive... right pw and it decodes everything just nice... wrong password and every file becomes corrupted.

you have one chance to get it right. and you won't know for the ten or twenty minutes it takes to run.

that's called full drive encryption, which is in use by many corporations and the government. It usually takes way longer than twenty minutes to run. I ran one FDE product on a 20gb virtual sandbox and it took two hours. Imagine trying to do that on a 250gb harddrive.

I have one more idea...

Figure a way to force the lithium ion battery to explode on demand.