Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anto

school year project

4 posts in this topic

i am a third year computer science student who is having difficulty on what to do in my final year project coz i am not fluent in the languages that i am using yet.

here are my options:

1)fully enhanced media player for both video,audio and flash

2)remote system repair utilty

3)website forum fully with database

4)cyber market for central business district

5)internet browser

out of all these where can i get the technical information on how thay can be created and which sites or ebooks should i look for.

i am a third year computer science student who is having difficulty on what to do in my final year project coz i am not fluent in the languages that i am using yet.

here are my options:

1)fully enhanced media player for both video,audio and flash

2)remote system repair utilty

3)website forum fully with database

4)cyber market for central business district

5)internet browser

out of all these where can i get the technical information on how thay can be created and which sites or ebooks should i look for.

If you're not totally comfortable with the languages you're using why are you doing such complex projects?

From the sounds of it, those are his only options for his final project.

I'm not by any means an expert coder but the web browser seems the easiest to me. If I were you i'd find the source to OS browsers to study them and look at the over all structure of the code (DO NOT COPY), this could help you immensly for when you actually sit down and start the coding process.

Honestly if you start with php right now, you could have a very customizable forum within 3 months tops. With out the use of phpbb or phpnuke. Mysql isnt that bad ether once you have the basis down. We browser would be fairly easy in say vb. Lastly remote system repair (net sh, batch, registry, perl) Make a few batch files that do some easy tcp/ip stuff then intergrate them with perl. Simple batch scripts, all controlled with on perl script and boom!

c:> ipconfig /release

/renew

/flushdns

/registerdns

Could be easy but may not be what your looking for. I had a buddy that built a pretty deceant php page with in 3 months of learning php. Had integrated security features and all. Anyways thats my 2cents