Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tokachu

MySpace hacker gets 110 years

29 posts in this topic

I caught this story on the Howard Stern show. I figured I'd post it since it's not on the AP NewsWire yet. But it's an interesting read, especially since he was extradited from Raleigh to Orlando for, among other things, using MySpace to spread a worm and custom VNC server that gave him access to underage girls' computers.

Before some of you cry foul about the 110-year sentence, read on:

Pedophile gets 110 years in MySpace extortion scheme

Dickerson stalked his victims on MySpace and then hacked into their computers, giving him remote access to their machines. He would then threaten to harm them or their family members unless they provided nude images of themselves.

He told one girl, "Are you sure you want to drive to school tomorrow?" In another instance he threatened to make a 17-year-old victim "the most well known girl at school" if she didn't comply with his wishes.

Sick shit. And I thought Russian bipolar script kiddies were the worst on the web!

Yea that is just an abomination to the hacker name. Sicko's like that don't deserve the brain that they misuse. I hope he gets cut up real nice and pretty in jail. I mean, Defacing websites (politely) I am not a huge fan of either, but atleast then its just YOU vs. ADMIN. And the admin gets payed to deal with that. Not to mention when you deface a website you are basically showing the admin that you are in his home, thus motivating him to fix his vuln. These sick fucks who are using computers lately for harassing people and ruining their lives deserve to be hung out. Like that one girls mom who all pretended she was her daughter and ended up getting this girl to kill herself. People are lame... thats why we stick to computers right?

That guy isn't a hacker...

He's a predator... I say he's got less then 3 years to live once the guys in prison find out what he's in there for.

This guy is a predator and deserves to be in jail. Also I read this story about these parents pretending to be this guy who liked this girl. Then the parents, or the "guy", said I don't like you anymore and that the world would be a better place without you. Finally the girl killed herself. I don't know how those parents can live with themselves.

Looking at under-aged girls? I agree, He deserves back to back life sentence, and chop off the dick!

Haha, and the stereotype has been met. This guy looks like someone that would do such an act.

What really suck is tax payers like me have to support this guy living in prison why dont they just kill him or release him in general population with a sign on his shirt saying "I like lil girls" and on the back have a sign that says " and I love your lil girl"

What really suck is tax payers like me have to support this guy living in prison why dont they just kill him or release him in general population with a sign on his shirt saying "I like lil girls" and on the back have a sign that says " and I love your lil girl"

I understand your point in this case... but... If it became that easy to kill someone, I could say you tied me up and hobbed my knob, you'd soon end up dead... I'd be a hero for 'coming forward' and noone would care that it was a set up.

Or how about a pink triangle??

but yeah... this guy needs to go away for a long time IF he's guilty. Wouldn't it be phucked up if it was really his neighbor hacking his wifi and using his computer as a repository? I've seen neighbors do crazier things over a mis-placed pile of dog shit. {note... I doubt this is what happened.. but... who the hell knows?}

Ew, Hobbed My Knob, Purple that is creepy!

Yes it is... but I hope you see my point as to why our justice system is set up the way it is. Makes one wonder what it was like to live in the time of the American Forefathers... That had to really suck.

If he wasn't a POS that deserved a slow death.

How much trouble would he be in for the hacking part?

You know, back in my day... Hacking wasn't considered talking to underage girls! Most hackers stayed away from the jailbait and went after the UNIX systems.

Brings up something I have been thinking about for awhile. As computer and computer know how gets more predominate and merges with normal society...when does one start or stop becoming a "hacker".

My case and point: Nobody calls someone who owns a gun a Musketeer anymore now that anyone can walk into a Wal-Mart and buy one.

Brings up something I have been thinking about for awhile. As computer and computer know how gets more predominate and merges with normal society...when does one start or stop becoming a "hacker".

My case and point: Nobody calls someone who owns a gun a Musketeer anymore now that anyone can walk into a Wal-Mart and buy one.

Bad example, if you own a Musket and you use it, then you are a Musketeer. And to the point, if you own a computer, you're not automatically a hacker. Just like the Musket, if you just have it for show, your not a musketeer, but if you use it alot (for the hacker prospective of this it is 'using' vs 'hacking away') you're a Musketeer

Bad example, if you own a Musket and you use it, then you are a Musketeer. And to the point, if you own a computer, you're not automatically a hacker. Just like the Musket, if you just have it for show, your not a musketeer, but if you use it alot (for the hacker prospective of this it is 'using' vs 'hacking away') you're a Musketeer

But you see that is the problem.

Currently in the lexicon of our language, when you mess with something with a computer, it is considered a hack.

So then the big question is: Is everyone who uses hacks are a hacker?

I think that is the main mislabeling right there. That is what I mean. Just because you use a gun does that make you a Musketeer? Because a Musketeer also has morals and ranks, something that guns owners do not currently have. Also, there are no real Musketeers or "Gun Troops" anymore. Why? Because now we all use guns. Its not a mysterious element in our society anymore.

Thus again, the more we use computers the more we will be hacking it. Thus, at what point, does the word "hacker" applies to anyone anymore when by technical standards everyone becomes a hackers because everyone hacks computers as a norm.

start a revolution and let the world we are "security enthusiasts" the real meaning of hacking has died.

Pedophiles deserve to be f*c*ing burned and tortured to death. Did you guys here about the new leathal injection method. Listen to this. Now they want it to be in 3 doses. 1st is anastisia so that it will not hurt. 2nd is to knock them out. 3rd kills them. Its funny how the feds go after people who hack(small case), download music, etc rather then after these creeps. Also I would like my money back. I am not paying for this guy to rot in jail.

Pedophiles deserve to be f*c*ing burned and tortured to death.

OH NO! DIFFERENT FETISH OPPOSES MY DEEP MORAL VALUES! Seriously, how is that any different from the KKK burning blacks, gays, etc. alive, for being black/gay/etc.

start a revolution and let the world we are "security enthusiasts" the real meaning of hacking has died.

According to the Greek Philosophers, we should be called philosophers, not hackers, if you are going to refer to the "quest for knowledge" type of idea.

And if it matters that much, call yourself a "security enthusiast," not a hacker. Don't even mention the word hacker.

Pedophiles deserve to be f*c*ing burned and tortured to death.

OH NO! DIFFERENT FETISH OPPOSES MY DEEP MORAL VALUES! Seriously, how is that any different from the KKK burning blacks, gays, etc. alive, for being black/gay/etc.

are you comparing a fetish to being black or gay? lol

EDITTED before anyone saw it i hope lol

Edited by iceni

He's not a hacker.... media will never get it right.

Yeah... Hacking is a modern buzz-word, so it seems to be popular with the media right now. The media seems to like portraying stereotypes, maybe to make people feel smarter so they feel better about whatever they are watching. I wonder how much that can be stretched, though. I wonder, how non-hacking-related a crime/misdemeanor can one commit, while obeying every media-portrayed stereotype of hacking, such that whatever one does will still be labeled hacking?

"A 30-year-old guy wearing sunglasses, black hoodie labeled "HACKER", and a wide grin as seen on camera, was arrested yesterday for hacking 4 automatic teller machines (ATMs) in a subway station when no one was looking. Fortunately, he was caught in the act by the security cameras installed in the ATMs, and the noisy manner in which he was hacking them caused the guard who was watching the security camera monitors to wake up and sound the alarm. The police arrived in minutes and confiscated the cash canisters he extracted from the ATMs, as well as the tool with which he hacked them - a medieval battleaxe. 'You have to watch out for these hacker types,' comments the security guard. 'They can be real sneaky sometimes.' He jocularly added, 'The only reason we were able to identify this one as a hacker was because he chose to wear the wrong thing to work today!' The medieval battleaxe was later identified as one stolen from a nearby museum minutes prior to this crime. The suspect hacked the display case with a cinder block. 'It was scary,' said the museum manager. 'We never saw it coming, and before we knew it, our museum got hacked!'"

But you see that is the problem.

Currently in the lexicon of our language, when you mess with something with a computer, it is considered a hack.

So then the big question is: Is everyone who uses hacks are a hacker?

I think that is the main mislabeling right there. That is what I mean. Just because you use a gun does that make you a Musketeer? Because a Musketeer also has morals and ranks, something that guns owners do not currently have. Also, there are no real Musketeers or "Gun Troops" anymore. Why? Because now we all use guns. Its not a mysterious element in our society anymore.

Thus again, the more we use computers the more we will be hacking it. Thus, at what point, does the word "hacker" applies to anyone anymore when by technical standards everyone becomes a hackers because everyone hacks computers as a norm.

only those who do not understand hacking, misuse the term. Anyone who has a basic understanding of the hacking community knows what a true hacker is. And it is my opinion that those who do not understand the hacking community and misuse the title of hacker should mean nothing to a serious hacker. You know wether or not you are a true hacker, what others say should not matter.

When some idiot is getting all this glory for being a script kiddy, just smile and walk away. Then later you can change his grades all to F's.