Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wethcr

Pulling multiple internet connections into one

7 posts in this topic

Me and a neighbor in my apartment complex both have a 10 Mbps internet. I'm wondering if there is a program to combine the two connections into one and have 20 Mbps. I don't know if this even possible i read something about it a while back. Thought id ask about it because it would be really nice to have. i don't know the enough about combining bandwidth to know if its even possible. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If not maybe it would be a neat project we could set up.

Do you have the same ISP provider? If so and depending on the technology used (i.e. Cable modem) you may already be sharing the data pipe coming into the neighborhood or apartment complex where teaming the connections together might not be beneficial. It could be worth the try, but most likely you will not be able to pull the full 20Mbps. Load balancing would work if you are hosting your own servers, but does not work if you are on the client side.

I remember seeing an article on a device that grabbed all the open wifi connections in the area (and cracked any wep networks if desired) and created one superfast connection... I think it was on slashdot or engadget. I wish I could remember the name, all I remember was it was expensive as hell and had like 15 antennas on it.

I remember seeing an article on a device that grabbed all the open wifi connections in the area (and cracked any wep networks if desired) and created one superfast connection... I think it was on slashdot or engadget. I wish I could remember the name, all I remember was it was expensive as hell and had like 15 antennas on it.

:roll:

Edited by n3xg3n