Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angel

AT&T Wants To Know Where You Live

14 posts in this topic

http://www.attwheredoyoulive.com/

Looks like it defaults to "Interlace" - then as you add places it steals a few letters from each in order to build a name. So if you want your shirt to read "Internets" you have to fill out one part in each block - "IN" "TER" and "NETS" worked for me.

At the end ... you get redirected to http://www.zazzle.com where you can buy the shirt/sticker/whatever. Yay? So why the data mining, big corporation?

-ArchAngel

Judging by their marketing campaign, I think they're implying that they want you to make up your own cities. Whenever I see this, I think of the AT&T Wireless billboards that say things like "AT&T works in more places, like New Sanfrankota"

EDIT: Maybe I should've been a bit clearer; from the looks of it, they're probably making a generic ad lib to encourage people to advertise AT&T service on your shirt/cup/jock strap. If they were trying to work in data mining, I'm sure they'd give you something that didn't encourage you to give multiple entries, or entries unrelated to where you live.

EDIT (again): Heh, this is actually a lot cooler of an offer then I gave it credit for. I'm seriously considering getting one of these

followmetodefuniak.PNG

ilovesprint.PNG

verizon.PNG

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

Judging by their marketing campaign, I think they're implying that they want you to make up your own cities. Whenever I see this, I think of the AT&T Wireless billboards that say things like "AT&T works in more places, like New Sanfrankota"

EDIT: Maybe I should've been a bit clearer; from the looks of it, they're probably making a generic ad lib to encourage people to advertise AT&T service on your shirt/cup/jock strap. If they were trying to work in data mining, I'm sure they'd give you something that didn't encourage you to give multiple entries, or entries unrelated to where you live.

EDIT (again): Heh, this is actually a lot cooler of an offer then I gave it credit for. I'm seriously considering getting one of these

http://thoughtphreaker.omghax.ca/files/attswag/

I'd agree about the data mining portion of this ad campaign. I think that they have that niche already figured out and then some.

Ha ha! "I went to VERIZON and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" ... man, the irony is staggering!

Not as clever as ntheory and his Lance Armstrong 1 nut reference...but here goes...

post-1-1196210398_thumb.jpg

post-1-1196210402_thumb.jpg

post-1-1196210393_thumb.jpg

and the obligatory BinRev shirt...

post-1-1196210408_thumb.jpg

You know, I'm skeptical of the data mining claim...there are far more reliable sources for such data than a field where anonymous people enter arbitrary information.

post-395-1196481190_thumb.png

Edited by Strom Carlson

You spin me right round, baby, right round

meatspin.PNG

myscrotum.PNG

Last competitive carrier reference, I swear :)

vzorbust.PNG

I wonder if this is a popular fashion accessory in the Oregon Penal System????