Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mewtwo55555

Matrix phone and Brick.

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering does anyone know where I can buy the cell phone used in the first matrix film? Also does anyone know if the brick cell phone would work on todays cariers?

Thanks for all your help.

Yes and that is not the phone from the first movie.

About when The Matrix Reloaded came out, they came out with the Samsung SPH-N270. This was pretty much just a promotional thing and you might have trouble finding one, and even if you do, whether or not you could get it activated on Sprint is another question.

By "brick" phones, you would be talking about analog service, and so the short answer is no, no carrier will activate analog service for you anymore (besides, analog service will likely cease within the next year, scheduled for Feb 18, 2008). I suggest reading this for a quick history and links to other articles.

Thanks for your help. Then do you know of any cell phone that are just that phones, nothing else? Do they make special phones that can only call 911? Cause that is the real reason I want a cell phone, is so if I am trapped somewhere I can call for help.

Yes, I remember a while ago they did in fact sell cell phones that had one button, a "911" button and that was it.

However now they do not make such things AFAIK. Instead, buy a prepaid phone, such as a TracFone. You can pick one up for under $30, and then just keep it charged and use it to call 911 if you ever need it. (You do not have to pay to keep the service active, the phone will still be able to call 911)