Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jigkin22

English Dictionary Wordlist

12 posts in this topic

Hello there,

Can anyone send me the plain text file of English dictionary word list, please?

I meant "word list" means without any thesaurus or meaning. I just want whole english dictionary's words in text file.

My purpose is to break on hash file using dictionary attack.

Hash file is: d8c09258a25e37a9a4b75402641b7210

Can anyone please help me to send requested text file?

thanks,

G.

you can always make your own wordlists or rainbow tables also

Incidentally, rainbow tables are sometimes a good solution if your target hash hasn't been salted with any other data. In short, a rainbow table is a list of precomputed hashes and the words that match up with each hash - this means that you can input a hash and retrieve the word(s) that match it.

Naturally, smaller lists of hashes are available in various places online - For MD5 and SHA1, you may have some luck with sites like this one:

<a href="http://md5.rednoize.com/" target="_blank">http://md5.rednoize.com/</a>

Again, assuming that your hash is pretty simple - you may find this is slightly quicker than running a dictionary attack.

-ArchAngel

edit:forgot to include the quote at the top.

Edited by Angel

Tried nearly 3 GB wordlist to crack this : d8c09258a25e37a9a4b75402641b7210

No success !!!!!!!!!!!! Please anyone suggest which wordlist should i use to break this hash or is there any other method?

thanks,

G

Hello Vector,

This is 4 bit hash and I think that this is MD5.

Please get back to me for any more info.

thanks,

G.

Tried nearly 3 GB wordlist to crack this : d8c09258a25e37a9a4b75402641b7210

No success !!!!!!!!!!!! Please anyone suggest which wordlist should i use to break this hash or is there any other method?

thanks,

G

There is a chance it isn't in any wordlist at all, as it may not be a word. Trying to brute force it other way is pointless unless you have a huge (and I mean incredibly huge) cluster to try all the combinations in - let's say - a 10 letter/number password.

Hello Angel,

I tried many MD5 rainbow table which i generated by myself coz i cant afford to buy some from online. lol

The rainbow tables which i have generated were as below:

md5_byte#4-4_0_100x16_test.rt

md5_byte#4-4_0_1000x16_test.rt

md5_byte#4-4_0_100x160_test.rt

md5_byte#4-4_0_100x1600_test.rt

md5_byte#4-4_0_10000x1600_test.rt

md5_byte#4-4_1_1000x160_test.rt

md5_byte#4-4_11_1000x160_test.rt

md5_byte#4-4_11_2100x8000000_test.rt

md5_byte#4-4_11_10000x160_test.rt

md5_byte#4-4_0_1000x160_test.rt

It took me 22 hours to generate these tables but i am disappointed because none of any one helped me.

Any helps guysssss.......please?

G.

Without anymore information about what's behind the hash, you're pretty much on a wild goose chase.

john --wordlist=Words.lst --rules --stdout

john will 49 x's Multiply wordlist

theargonlistver2_wordlist.zip (83meg) > .rar(154meg) > .lst ( plan text 1.9gigs)

if it were to go through john it would result in a 85gig ~98,558,569,081 line file..

I have if anybody needs it small one @ rmccurdy.com/scripts/

:o

Hello Angel,

I tried many MD5 rainbow table which i generated by myself coz i cant afford to buy some from online. lol

The rainbow tables which i have generated were as below:

(List Truncated - Angel)

It took me 22 hours to generate these tables but i am disappointed because none of any one helped me.

Any helps guysssss.......please?

G.

Hm, if the flat rainbow tables and reverse-lookup sites didn't help, chances are that the password has been "salted" in some way before being encrypted. Here's a wikipedia article on the topic of Salting when it refers to a cryptographic technique.

Do you have any more information for us on where you retrieved the hash? Don't disclose anything that will get you into trouble - remember these are public boards - but it might help to know what kind of system you're trying to get into. There are a lot of experienced people on the boards, so maybe one of them knows where salts are generated for your target OS/Program.

-ArchAngel

The Argon is one of the worst wordlists. If you go through it, you can find entire copies of Shakespeare and crap.

I've compiled a very good wordlist that is free of any duplicates and has a pretty good success rate.

Here is the link to it:

http://article7.org/wordlists/Multilingual.zip

I also have many other lists depending on your needs.

http://article7.org/wordlists/