Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katalyst

trying to find something

22 posts in this topic

hi im just trying to find my friend he ditched me and he owes me over 6 grand and he uses MSN quite frequently so I was wondering if there was a way to find where he is accessing from to see what city he is in I would appreciate all the help you can give.

While talking to him on MSN use the command prompt and find out his current IP and use it with a database (I forget the name of it something like "Whoesit") Idk just find his IP and cross reference with a database

UGH: Cant remember that database name <_<

MSN routes all traffic through it's main servers, so you can't get his IP that way.

...Unless you get him to accept a download through MSN. That directly connects him.

MSN routes all traffic through it's main servers, so you can't get his IP that way.

...Unless you get him to accept a download through MSN. That directly connects him.

OH, I was thinking of AIM. My b

OH, I was thinking of AIM. My b

does aim do the same thing? i thought you couldnt see an ip unless you sent a file.

could I use ip sniffer? amd if so how im kinda inept when it comes to this stuff

I know him pretty well but he has been lying to me about everything hes doing and if I do this then I will be able to call his bluff and tell him off when I find him if I know where abouts he is then I can tell people where to look

The best approach is to contact his friends or your friends. Ask around, that type of thing.

I would but noone knows anything I tried this is my last resort thing

I would but noone knows anything I tried this is my last resort thing

Does he have parents, relatives, favorite restaurant/hang-out spots. Ask the staff, bribe here and there. Call up hotels and ask for the guys name. GET CREATIVE! :P

ive tried that I have no clue where he is and noone he knows here knows where he is either and his parents wont talk

He didn't run off to college did he?? Try to remember the places he was interested in and see if you can find him in a student-directory.

trust me he dosnt have the money to go to college he ows alot of people money im just trying to find him

trust me he dosnt have the money to go to college he ows alot of people money im just trying to find him

Well if he has very limited money then he cant go anywhere without paying or living on the streets. Maybe he is staying at a relatives house or friend or a girl-friend's house. You gotta force it out of his parents. Good Luck

I know him pretty well but he has been lying to me about everything hes doing and if I do this then I will be able to call his bluff and tell him off when I find him if I know where abouts he is then I can tell people where to look

This and the fact that you state he owes a lot of other people money says he's been playing all of you. Chances are he is doing the same thing to other people that don't know what he is like. Then he will repeat the same thing. He might show up in a couple of months or so when he thinks people have forgotten what he did. I've had the same thing happen to me and sometimes you have to just accept you've been pwned.

However, as a last last resort, camp out across from his parent's place as he will probably hit them up for more money when his friends stop giving it to him.

just because he doesn't have a lot of money doesn't mean anything, if he is crafty!

hitchhiking is free

using insecure wireless networks for internet is free

soup kitchens are free

a person can live under the radar pulling odd jobs for the rest of his life practically "if" he wanted to!

things you can try:

use common passwords and attack his aim, use this to find his email and try the same password (s) to attack this.

go into his email and see if he is contacting anyone for more information etc...

try an IRC program, tell him your aim is not working right and have him use IRC then use the whois to get his IP address.

(if he is using a hotspot, you can camp that place) you can narrow that down to the city (in most cases) then go from there.

if you find the city, cross-check friends, relatives to look for places, then check hotels/motels, shelters etc...

if you want to catch someone you have to think like them, if you know him well enough to loan him 6 grand you should sure as hell be able to think like him!

good luck.

This really isn't very hackish, but why don't you just call the police and have him arrested for theft, 6k is alot of money and you could sue him too, just a idea, or get abunch of the other people his pwned and class action lawsuit here you come.

just a idea

Edited by J.Ripper

that is a great idea, definitely would be your quickest way of catching him!

Unless you "can't" go to the police, like he borrowed the money for an illegal

reason or he has something on you!

msn is closed network no direct connect srry

In just a instant messenger, that is true; as each user connects to a MSN node or network... If you send a picture or file, even use video (webcam) or audio, you are actually directly connected to whomever you are sharing the media with!

then finding the ip address of the person your in contact with is easy, a little dos command (netstat) would reveal that...

msn is closed network no direct connect srry

In just a instant messenger, that is true; as each user connects to a MSN node or network... If you send a picture or file, even use video (webcam) or audio, you are actually directly connected to whomever you are sharing the media with!

then finding the ip address of the person your in contact with is easy, a little dos command (netstat) would reveal that...

You could just do some crafty XSS'ing and tinyurl make the page he's going to request an image (real or fake) that you host or is hosted somewhere where you can monitor traffic.

@echo off

echo Send a File via MSN, after it is accepted press enter

PAUSE

netstat -a

netstat -n

PAUSE

echo Your ip is:

ipconfig

PAUSE

this is a batch to find the ip and hostname.