Red Rose

decrypting netNanny 5

10 posts in this topic

i was wondering if you guys can tell me how to get the admin password for NetNanny 5 :help:

or tell me what tools i will need and where to get them

Note: not to destroy just to learn

First let me say rofl, your parents use filtering software on you? Are you even old enough to be on binrev?

Anyways, you could bypass netnanny all together with Firefox and the tor plugin (but thats a little slow).

The next easiest way is to get a keylogger and trick your parents into typing their password in. Maybe find a not so bad blocked site and ask them to bypass the filter, it should prompt them for a pw if they do.

Other than that you could try brute forcing the pw, seeing as how they use filtering software on you they probably have a pretty easy pw to guess.

1. Yes i am Old enough...

2. i have a younga Bro

3. where will i find a brute force tool?

1. Yes i am Old enough...

2. i have a younga Bro

3. where will i find a brute force tool?

A.) Brutus

B.) Go to Google and Search for it.

First off. You won't learn anything using a tool.

Second. Google.

Edited by deadc0de

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, when I was quite new to the "scene".

I solved it with a screenshot of the windows login screen & my newly found programming skills.

Since it's a home computer, I'd bet you could just remove the software's registry keys or Ctrl-Alt-Del it, as those types of children filters don't seem to be sophisticated.

Since it's a home computer, I'd bet you could just remove the software's registry keys or Ctrl-Alt-Del it, as those types of children filters don't seem to be sophisticated.

yeah.

we had something like that on my computer at home to block access to sites.

then i figured out i could just go into the task manager and kill it and no one would be the wiser.

just make sure to deleted the history on your computer too to better corroborate your lie =]