Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onedayillpay

dissconnect ip

16 posts in this topic

Is there a command to drop a ip that has connected to my computer.

example: 123.83.143.52

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP 127.0.0.1:49167 127.0.0.1:49168 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:49168 127.0.0.1:49167 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:49169 127.0.0.1:49170 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:49170 127.0.0.1:49169 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.254.6:6112 12.181.120.43:1651 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.254.6:6112 12.69.5.180:50396 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.254.6:6112 12.161.70.240:2571 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.254.6:6112 12.247.207.142:62083 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.254.6:6112 123.83.143.52:50497 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.254.6:49178 12.216.44.48:80 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.254.6:49183 12.240.202.138:6112 ESTABLISHED

its a game server and i need to dissconnect some one.

There are many ways to do this. My favorite would be to use iptables...

iptables -a INPUT -s some.ip -j DROP

Which would silently drop all of their packets.

Hope that helps!

-Dr^ZigMan

There are many ways to do this. My favorite would be to use iptables...

iptables -a INPUT -s some.ip -j DROP

Which would silently drop all of their packets.

Hope that helps!

-Dr^ZigMan

Is that a DOS command? I inputed iptables /? and even the full code with a friends ip (who was connected to me the time) and still haven't had anything happen.

How would you disconnect someone from your computer on a windowsOS. I.E. you goto to netstat and see an ip that you know is bad for your computer. how would you disconnect them from your computer without getting off the enternet or shutting down ur computer?

How would you disconnect someone from your computer on a windowsOS. I.E. you goto to netstat and see an ip that you know is bad for your computer. how would you disconnect them from your computer without getting off the enternet or shutting down ur computer?

I have no idea how a Windows user would do it.. but fortunately, OpenBSD users have a nice program called tcpdrop(8). B)

If the game has the option to kick someone that should do it ;)

But maybe that doesn't close the connection, but it's worth a try, isn't it? B)

Your router or firewall may have an option to do this. If not, you can use a utility called Microsoft Management Console (mmc.exe). If you are not familiar with it here's what to do:

1. Once you have started mmc.exe, go to File > Add/Remove Snap-In

2. Select IP Policy Monitor in the left-hand box and click "add"

3. Now you will return to the main screen , and in the left-hand frame you will see the IP Security Policies icon. Right-click it and go to "Create IP security policy"

4. Go through the wizard, making sure that the "Edit Properties" box is checked on the last part of the wizard

5. When the properties window comes up, Add a new IP security rule. Go through the wizard, and when you come to the part about the IP filter list, click "add"

6. Click "add" in the new dialog box that comes up

7. Go through the wizard that comes up. The "source" should be your computer, and the "destination" should be the IP or subnet you want blocked

8. When you finish that wizard and click "OK" on the other one, there should be just the original wizard up. Click the radio button next to the filter you made, and press "next".

9. On the next screen, you need to add a filter action. This part is pretty self-explanatory. When you are done with that, and you are back on to the main wizard, click "next". You are now finished

10. Now that you are in the main window, right click the security policy you just made and click "assign". The IP should be blocked. If you try to go to it in your browser, it will try to connect infinitely.

Pretty crappy interface with all those fucking wizards, but if you are used to the Microsoft Management Console it should only take a minute or so

this is exactly what ive been trying to figure out how to do. thanks Spyril.

There is also a cli interface to IPSEC (ipseccmd) in the Windows XP Support Tools kit.

You could use it to create a batch script with a nice 'banip.cmd 1.2.3.4' type interface.

As an alternative you can also run IPFW for Windows (WIPFW).

Just a question, wouldn't it also be possible to modify the windows hosts file and make it so that specific IP address is directed to 0.0.0.0

However that would stop you from connecting to it however that wouldn't stop it connecting to you right?

to my knowledge, HOSTS only deals with DNS entries pointing to IPs, and i do not think that you can redirect an IP to another IP, but regardless once the connection is resolved the computer isn't going to constantly check HOSTS for the communication, only at the start of the connection.

I could be missing something but, why not just install a free firewall?

Seems like a simpler, more straight forward answer.