Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr^ZigMan

Ten Most Commonly Used Passwords

27 posts in this topic

An April 30th, 2007 article in PCMagazine lists these 10 passwords as the most commonly used ones.

1. password

2. 123456

3. qwerty

4. abc123

5. letmein

6. monkey

7. myspace 1

8. password 1

9. blink182

10. (your first name)

A little dated but I'm sure still relevant. Whatever happened to the good old days of love, sex, secret, and god? :) Anyone else have a few toppers their like to throw in? I tend to think that the username or username123 are very common as well.

-Dr^ZigMan

I always liked it when they used '1' or the word 'secret'

Name of kid, name of pet...

Whatever happened to the good old days of

'josuha5'

Shall we play a game?

Munge

Where are sex, secret and god? They've got it all wrong! System admins always use god as their password. It's a rule.

hey that's the same password i use on my luggage.

For some reason i doubt that qwerty ever made the top ten. I mean how many people even know what qwerty means? It would one one of those passwords that is like right in front of you ;-) but i don't think most people have ever even seen it except on the box their keyboard came in.

O_o qwerty actually has a meaning?!? I thought it was the row of keys there...

hmm, I'd never noticed that before. I guess i should have researched why the qwerty keyboard layout is called qwerty.

now i feel like a noob.

i always laugh when i see the old "admin" being used as a password and userid

Don't you just love default settings? :D

The password for my Computer systems teacher in College is 'password' and the root password on the Linux box is 'password07' :unsure:

i always seem to find the best passwords are adjectives like funny, fantastic, wonderful etc

plus some numbers, and ur sweet

Actually I see more 'student1' than most of the ones mentioned above, second is the their name followed by a number.

Anyone else curious how they got this information? "Hello, I'm from PC Magazine. What is your password?"

Anyone else curious how they got this information? "Hello, I'm from PC Magazine. What is your password?"

Good point there :D

So qwerty is a keyboard layout, the American I guess... the German would be qwertz then?!? ^^

I found that most computer users want a password that they don't have to remember (something that they already are familiar with, and use in everyday life)

such as:

a sport they play-- wrestling, football, fishing, golf etc...

phone number-- cell phone, home phone

birthdays-- friends, family, their own.

I found that the best form of hacking is not even hacking at all, but research and social engineer your way in.

At ITT Tech, the current default password to every user account is 'fall2007' It usually goes by the season and the year. So it should be winter2007 in about 1 week when the new quarter starts. You get the idea.

Not really a password, but the sys admins at a company I work for have the wifi locked via SSID. In order to log on, all you need is to type the proper SSID in, and your logged on. Now, that would probably work in this hick town, except they use the company name, company location, and AP number.

fake example: acerlondon07