Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
epew23

Lagging scroll window

9 posts in this topic

I just formatted my brother computer for him and everything accept one thing is working properly. when i scroll down the window alsost like laggs. I am not sure how to explain it but i belive a good example is a wipe effect. It wipes down or up depending on how you scroll (up or down). Well i am completley stumped. Mabe one of you guys can help.

Sounds like it's running with plain vanilla SVGA drivers or whatever Windows thinks is appropriate. Grab the drivers for the laptop's video card off the manufacturer's website and it should improve the situation.

Sounds like it's running with plain vanilla SVGA drivers or whatever Windows thinks is appropriate. Grab the drivers for the laptop's video card off the manufacturer's website and it should improve the situation.

This is probably what is happening, I fixed a box today with this problem by installing the correct drivers.

This is probably what is happening, I fixed a box today with this problem by installing the correct drivers.

I looked at the device manager and it is a video controler(vga compatible) i have no idea what driver ill need ill look for it in the mean time mabe you could give me help input on finding the maker of the card.

and it is a desktop not a laptop

You can always run Windows Update, it might find the drivers for you.

I looked at the device manager and it is a video controler(vga compatible) i have no idea what driver ill need ill look for it in the mean time mabe you could give me help input on finding the maker of the card.

and it is a desktop not a laptop

Google up the model number of his computer if it's something he bought from Dell or whatever and hasn't upgraded. If all else fails just pop the case and see what kind of video card is in it.

You can always run Windows Update, it might find the drivers for you.

Yeah, go to the Start menu and select "Windows Update" (or, if it's not there, go to IE, and find it in one of the menus). Then, when prompted, choose "Custom", and select the link for "optional updates". It'll be there.

Thanks Guys i actuall tryed it all and all of thease helpfull hints worked. ie took me to a page and made me download a plug in and it worked then.

i had the same problem. i read this and went to the hp driver page. found my laptop and downloaded the drivers. it worked like a charm. i am glad i found this post