StankDawg

DocDroppers needs your help!

37 posts in this topic

I moved over two articles and the reference code screws up, it does not appear to be the same -_-

When you guys come over and drop some docs, make sure you check out the recent changes tab. There are tons of articles on there now that just need to be fixed a bit on the back end.

I moved over two articles and the reference code screws up, it does not appear to be the same -_-

We are aware of this and for now, just ignore those errors and strange looking links. We will try to fix those all later. For now, just bring over the data.

Ok, the parser is running. No telling how long it will take to finish, but it's set to output a separate file for each matching record. That means as it runs I can pull the matching records out and drop them over at doc droppers. If it turns out to be way more then I can handle then I'll either script it or make it web accessible so everyone can help out.

Keep your fingers crossed!

-Dr^ZigMan

When you guys come over and drop some docs, make sure you check out the recent changes tab. There are tons of articles on there now that just need to be fixed a bit on the back end.

i am slowly working thru those articles trying to clean them up at the moment

No surprise, the main xml is too large to be parsed, I'll have to break it up into smaller pieces...

I'll update when it's all done.

-Dr^ZigMan

I received a PM from another poster in relation to my post (#4) who is also willing to help out as well, but we still need some pointers on how to do this, if you do still need some help.

Cheers

I received a PM from another poster in relation to my post (#4) who is also willing to help out as well, but we still need some pointers on how to do this, if you do still need some help.

Cheers

to answer your questions on your other post some of the links do need to be altered and the edit tags as well if you want to take a look at some examples edit one of the articles that is already on docdroppers and take a look at the way we did it. email me if you have any other questions

-Enigma

just another update I added a hacking history page on the main sub catorgories and added two "groups" of articles there notable groups and notable individuals. with the influx of new articles i am trying to figure out a good way of organizing them. If anyone has any suggestions or comments feel free to email me.

Need a bit of advice guys,

When I copy and paste, all the links from the original text link back to the original Wikipedia .

Don't they need to be removed or altered?

And also what about the EDIT tags? Do they require modification?

Thanks.

EDIT - OK, seems a few have already been done today, how are you doing this?!?!?!!!!

Hey,

I found this at the bottom of the edit page...

http://www.docdroppers.org/wiki/index.php?title=Help:Editing

Thanks for putting the cookies on the low shelf :)

I started filling in some basic empty links on other's entries (though I'm still having some trouble with formatting a whole entry right). I think that's ok to do ? I'll try some more tonight. I expect someone will tell me if I completely screw it up ?

Need a bit of advice guys,

When I copy and paste, all the links from the original text link back to the original Wikipedia .

Don't they need to be removed or altered?

And also what about the EDIT tags? Do they require modification?

Thanks.

EDIT - OK, seems a few have already been done today, how are you doing this?!?!?!!!!

Hey,

I found this at the bottom of the edit page...

http://www.docdroppers.org/wiki/index.php?title=Help:Editing

Thanks for putting the cookies on the low shelf :)

I started filling in some basic empty links on other's entries (though I'm still having some trouble with formatting a whole entry right). I think that's ok to do ? I'll try some more tonight. I expect someone will tell me if I completely screw it up ?

some of the entries that are new need alot of formating changes such as the empty <ref> tags let me know if you have any other questions

I just thought i'd share with you some tools I found that make sorting through the wikipedia articles for deletion debate pages go a little quicker.

The first one is link evaluator which will go through and highlight links to pages with specified keywords (that way you can get rid of all the game, buffy, and (dear gawd!!) mall links. For the remaining links, I found previewing them with cooliris previews is a lot faster than clicking through. If I'm too late and the page has already been deleted, I find that I can sometimes resurrect it easily by using the resurrect pages add on. All can be found at the firefox get extensions page too. I also found a plugin for open office called odt2wiki that can format what you've cut to be fit for docdroppers. It's not perfect, and you still have to make some changes by hand, but it does shave off some time.