BINREV SPYD3R

Binary Revolution Radio - 200 - LOST CARRIER

16 posts in this topic

Episode: 200 Hosts: StankDawg and surprise guests Airdate: 2007-11-06 Length: 7:12:04 File Size: 74.17 MB Artist: Zearle Notes by :

From the locked topic here:

Yeah I noticed that too... took it as a sign from God that I should stop drinking & browsing the internet and go to bed in order that I might be able to get up and go to work on time. ;-)
Just a request/suggestion for StankDawg, when you make episode #200 available in the archive can you please fragment it into a few pieces.

Seeking to position on my MP3 player is quite slow and thus would be a pain to seek to the location where the stream gave up... 5 hours in.

Cheers,

Mungewell.

I wish I could. Unfortunately, due to the limitations of my computer-machine, I had a hard enough time getting the damn thing complete in the first place. I realize that this sucks for situations like yours, but this time, there really is not much I can do about it without chopping it up and totally ruining the sound quality.

If someone else wants to do it for me after it is released, they are more than welcome and I will put it up in our archive.

I split the whole file into three parts with GoldWave - generally between people talking, so when you start playing Part II it'll be a reply to Stank in Part I. That might get confusing unless you just listened to the previous part, but them's the breaks. After splitting the three parts to .wav in GoldWave, I used DBPowerAmp for conversion to .mp3 - Basically, I set everything up to mirror the source .mp3 except that where it looks like the original was encoded at 24kbps the minimum DBPowerAmp would accept was 32kbps - if you're not an audiophile, you shouldn't notice very much of a difference. So, here's the stats for each part:

Part I (download)

Size: 33.6 MB

Duration: 2:27:09

Bit Rate: 32kbps

Channels: 2 (stereo)

Audio sample rate: 8kHz

Part II (download)

Size: 28.0 MB

Duration: 2:02:38

Part III (download)

Size: 37.1 MB

Duration: 2:42:16

And the stats of the original for comparison:

binrev200.mp3

Size: 74.1 MB

Duration: 7:12:02

Bit Rate: 24kbps

I'm uploading to MediaFire as I type - so I'll edit this topic to link to each part as those finish.

That being said - if someone wants to host these (I've sent a PM to StankDawg pointing to this topic), it may be easier to download from a dedicated host than the free one I found off of Google - so feel free. ^_-.

-ArchAngel

Edited by Angel

*bump* The above post has been edited to include download links - or if your scrolling finger(s) are lazy:

Part I

Part II

Part III

You'll have to left-click the links, then on the counter-intuitive "Click here to start download.." on the left side of the file information/digg buttons/etc to begin the download.

Enjoy,

-ArchAngel

Edited by Angel

Nah never...

Strange... the server returning 'page not found' ... must be getting popular.

Edited by PurpleJesus

StankDawg,

We appreciate everything you've done for the community for the past 4 years! Please feel free to come on TLLTS anytime you want. We'll always have an open door for you. Just shoot us an email at techshow@thelinuxlink.net whenever you feel the urge to rant or just talk tech.

Take care,

Pat from TLLTS

i have B/W plenty i can host if you need some balanceing plus i have a fast server.. feel free to PM me and we can sort it out.

Edited by Belial

Hey DDP, Just want to say a big thank you for 200 Episodes of awesomeness. Binrev has been such an important part of my life. It made me proud to be a geek when I felt like I had no place in the world. Please dont dissappear into obscurity, it would be great to hear from all of you guys from time to time. I also need to hear the occasional swear filled rank from StankDawg to keep my going! It has been awesome! Many thanks again to you all.

Edited by Meticulous

Thanks for the great show, Stank. I consider this a beginning of new things and not an end, but... WHERE WILL I GET MY NASCAR-WATCHING-JOHN-DEERE-HAT-WEARING-CURSING-TRUCKER RANTS?! *sniff* Forget it. I'm going down to the truckstop. I hear guys are really friendly there.

Thanks for the great show, Stank. I consider this a beginning of new things and not an end, but... WHERE WILL I GET MY NASCAR-WATCHING-JOHN-DEERE-HAT-WEARING-CURSING-TRUCKER RANTS?! *sniff* Forget it. I'm going down to the truckstop. I hear guys are really friendly there.

O_o;; Sometimes a little too friendly.

Guess it's a good way to boost those SE skillz ...

-ArchAngel

After listening to ep 200, I guess this leaves little hope for new episodes of Default Radio with the original lineup. I am so disillusioned right now :(

Hacker Mind -> RFA -> BinRev -> ? -> *APOCALYPSE*

To Stank and All the CoHosts!

I would like to thank you all for making this show! Thanks for all the time you have spent teaching and entertaining all of us (or at least me). I have definitely learned a lot from listening to you guys talk about all the different topics. I enjoyed all of Stank's rants. I also liked meeting a few of you at Hope 6. Your show has kept me busy all through high school. I guess all good things have to come to an end. I wish you all the best. Thanks for the memories!!!

Cypress