Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Langley VA

Information Brokerages

4 posts in this topic

Due to a crime that happened recently in my property, I've been trying to work with the police to find who was responsible. I located several witnesses within the past couple days, but since no one was injured in this event, the police are being slow to investigate the person these witnesses saw. I can't give out too many specifics here without jeprodizing the case I'm trying to build up. But I wanted to get some advice here about how to locate people and get their public records (addresses, known family, criminal history, etc).

I'm thinking of using an online data brokerage like Abika.com to track down this person's known associates. I've heard good things about Abika on a few forums. I want to see if anyone here at Binrev ever used a similar service. (Or maybe know someone that did) Mainly I want to know if they deliver what they promise.

Also, if you know of any other web/non-web people-searching methods, let me know.

Edited by Langley VA

Due to a crime that happened recently in my property, I've been trying to work with the police to find who was responsible. I located several witnesses within the past couple days, but since no one was injured in this event, the police are being slow to investigate the person these witnesses saw. I can't give out too many specifics here without jeprodizing the case I'm trying to build up. But I wanted to get some advice here about how to locate people and get their public records (addresses, known family, criminal history, etc).

I'm thinking of using an online data brokerage like Abika.com to track down this person's known associates. I've heard good things about Abika on a few forums. I want to see if anyone here at Binrev ever used a similar service. (Or maybe know someone that did) Mainly I want to know if they deliver what they promise.

Also, if you know of any other web/non-web people-searching methods, let me know.

Your lawyer/paralegal should do that for you.

Except I never said I had one. That's why I'm following up on this myself. The problem is, I need someone qualified in accident investigation to show up, but everyone in that area is refusing to help out. Can anyone make any recommendation on how to locate people (address, current employer, insurance, etc...)

Forget an online brokerage, they don't know anymore than you do. You say you have some idea who this person is from the witnesses, start with them. If your trying to be your own detective then use your own intuition.

What would Jack Bauer do?

edit: and besides, somebody who is committing crimes is probably not going to have their information posted all over the internet ..

Edited by Remix