Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katalyst

Help Hacking Wireless Networks

24 posts in this topic

I have access to a bad internet connection and was thinking of using my neighbors instead I just have never hacked before and was in need of help. Im incredibly new to this so you might have to explain some terminology to me and stuff any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Katalyst

u got any idea about the type of connection ur neighbor is having? or u own a laptop with wireless card ?

im have no idea wht there running im using a D-Link DWA-542 Rangebooster N on my PC it says that the MAC(BSSID) is 00:13:46:BF:0D:6A and its on Channel 11 it has a WEP encryption on it anything else u wanna kno?

i strongly advise never try to access a network without owners permission.

Still u are ready to go, u will get tons of materials (even hands on videos !!! for the same thing) from www.irongeek.com

Pls keep in mind, its dangerous !!

If the Access Point isn't open/unencrypted, assume they don't want you using it. You wouldn't want someone hooking up to your phone line just so they could make calls of better quality when they had a phone themselves.

im have no idea wht there running im using a D-Link DWA-542 Rangebooster N on my PC it says that the MAC(BSSID) is 00:13:46:BF:0D:6A and its on Channel 11 it has a WEP encryption on it anything else u wanna kno?

It might not be such a wise idea to publish your MAC address to the world like that...

why?

well you are talking about breaking into some ones wireless network. What if they got your MAC from logs and it was cross referanced to this post? google will eventualy

index this page if it has not already :)

Edited by Belial

its not my MAC adress its my neighbors and with all the stuff I have seen here I didnt think hacking a wireless internet was a big deal

What is your main objective? What do you hope to accomplish here. If you are simply trying to gain the WEP/WPA keys to gain access to their wireless network so you can get free internet, that is easy. Google WEP/WPA cracker and you should come up with something. Keep in mind that doing so probably isn't going to make them really happy with you, and I do not condone such an action without first consulting your neighbors.

If you want to gain access to their wireless router, that is a different story, and where my knowledge of the subject ends.

Im doing this more for the experience im not doing it to aggrivate or screw with people I just want to try it out

First thing you will need is a wireless card that supports packet injection.

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=com...34ca7850a6d855b

then you need to learn to use aireplay and aircrack , irongeek.com has some great videos on that.

Then you need to determine if it is worth the unlikely but potential shitstorm that could come your way as a result.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/wireless/wow-ga...ours-239603.php

That kid got popped just for playing WOW after hours. The law is kinda murky , you do NOT want to become a test case.

Best bet is pony up for a better internet connection , buy your own wireless router and hack that.

True thank you all for the help

I have access to a bad internet connection and was thinking of using my neighbors instead I just have never hacked before and was in need of help. Im incredibly new to this so you might have to explain some terminology to me and stuff any help would be greatly appreciated

If you need any more help on this send me an email.

I can give you

Vendor Mac Codes

Default Password List for over 2000 (maybe more) Routers

Links to WiFi hacking programs

Links to WiFi hacking documents

Really anything you want.

Just send me an email at dnpnetworks@gmail.com

P.S

If any one would like those documents also just send me an email asking for them, I will send you a email ASAP.

Disclaimer:

I am not supporting Wireless hacking just providing information so you can better secure you Wireless network. ;) ;)

This isnt a private message board. This isnt a hidden or unknown web site. This also isnt a site you cant find on google.

With that being said: Law Enforcement Officials will find this if they are looking for you. Now that google has indexed this page, I wouldn't post anything else that would indicate any other info about you. That router MAC address can be traced back to the owner. All the investigator would have to do is check the router logs and see who was on the WiFi connection.. then they have your MAC address. Sure, you can spoof your MAC. but what if your neighboor figures out how to use a sniffer? Then he will take all your passwords and anything that goes over that connection... I'm pretty sure your neighboor wont like this at all.

Solution???

Just get your own wifi router and hack that. It doesnt have to be connected to the internet to broadcast a signal or for you to connect to the WiFi network. Then you can do whatever you want, without reprocussions.

This isnt a private message board. This isnt a hidden or unknown web site. This also isnt a site you cant find on google.

With that being said: Law Enforcement Officials will find this if they are looking for you. Now that google has indexed this page, I wouldn't post anything else that would indicate any other info about you. That router MAC address can be traced back to the owner. All the investigator would have to do is check the router logs and see who was on the WiFi connection.. then they have your MAC address. Sure, you can spoof your MAC. but what if your neighboor figures out how to use a sniffer? Then he will take all your passwords and anything that goes over that connection... I'm pretty sure your neighboor wont like this at all.

Solution???

Just get your own wifi router and hack that. It doesnt have to be connected to the internet to broadcast a signal or for you to connect to the WiFi network. Then you can do whatever you want, without reprocussions.

Agreed.

I just give info on how to secure a WiFi network.

I am not telling anyone that they should hack.

But I am not telling anyone that hacking is bad.

You hack to learn.

You do not hack to hurt.

But buying your own router is not as fun as hacking your neighboor. Not that I recomand that ;) .

I just must be a tipical hacker.

But buying your own router is not as fun as hacking your neighboor.

Yeah , I would agree.

However , there is the issue of risk. Cost/Benefit anaylsis.

Please bear in mind , this is Nubie HQ.

I did some stupid shit when I was a noob. Like tapping my neighbors land line to get onto my hacked NetZero account. Yeah thats right bitches , 14.4 kbs on Win3.1, I was the shiznit. Point is, I could of got busted bad for wiretapping , Federal Felony. (Note to Feds: more than 7 years ago , statute of limitations apply) Of course , the neighbor was an old guy who never got calls after 9pm , and I never tapped his line until midnight, but the danger was real. (and , yes , fun)

I just dont want to see him get the shaft for something stupid. Broadband, or a wireless router, is alot cheaper than a lawyer.

This guy is looking at a Felony count.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/07/technology...rrest/index.htm

And that is for accessing an UNSECURED wireless network.

Hacking into an encryted wireless network abandons any hope for plausible denyabilty.

Dont shit where you sleep Katalyst.

This guy is looking at a Felony count.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/07/technology...rrest/index.htm

And that is for accessing an UNSECURED wireless network.

Hacking into an encryted wireless network abandons any hope for plausible denyabilty.

Dont shit where you sleep Katalyst.

The law that the Federal Government is using now is he Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. That right there has almost screed over my Boss, some of my Co-Workers, and Me.

Here is a list for different states

Computer Hacking and Unauthorized Access Laws

Hope this is useful to some of you.

The people who should be prosecuted are the manufacturers of these wireless router and their false claims of security. Usually if a security risk is identified in software or hardware the vendors try and release a patch as soon as possible. Why are they not doing anything?

If you leave your front door open chances are sooner or later someone's gonna rob your house.

I did some stupid shit when I was a noob. Like tapping my neighbors land line to get onto my hacked NetZero account. Yeah thats right bitches , 14.4 kbs on Win3.1, I was the shiznit. Point is, I could of got busted bad for wiretapping , Federal Felony. (Note to Feds: more than 7 years ago , statute of limitations apply) Of course , the neighbor was an old guy who never got calls after 9pm , and I never tapped his line until midnight, but the danger was real. (and , yes , fun)

how did you wiretap?

just a comment i want to make.

there are about 3 linksy wireless routers on my block with the default password as admin

I have not tried to gain access to the router so I am safe I have not violated any laws so I cant be dinged for it thank you all for your concern and your advice

how did you wiretap?

Phone lines for the apt bldg I lived in ran under my window, just melted a little insulation off and used alligator clips.

I have not tried to gain access to the router so I am safe I have not violated any laws so I cant be dinged for it thank you all for your concern and your advice

if you are on the network you are violating a law. you dont own the network. fail +1.