Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KuiperBeltObject

Viewsonic Powered Wireless Gateway

3 posts in this topic

So I'm out at a client site doing a virusscan, which gets very boring after the initial setup.

I decide to get online(on my laptop) and do a little surfing to keep awake (coffee only goes so far)

I can either use my evdo or see if there is an open access point. I go for the wifi as it usually several times faster than the evdo.

I see an open access point and connect , get an IP , but no surf . I ping google , no packet loss, but all traffic resolves to www.quartics.com... Wtf?

Its giving out 10 dots , so I go to .1 in my browser and get presented with "Welcome to the viewsonic powered wireless gateway. Hmm.

I d/l and install the software and apparently I am able to project what is on my pc to wherever the projector is. Very interesting.

Unfortunately , I was not able to play with it as I was scanning a pc at the reception desk of a DOD contractor.

This presents some interesting opportunities for some culture hacking/general mahem.

So if I find one of these while a board meeting is going on , can I hijack their presentation? OOhhhh what fun!

Another possiblitity: can you put the software in silent mode somehow?

Say you have an enemy at work who is known to surf adult sites. You install the software on his PC , and direct his screen to the conference room while he is looking at tranny pron.

Seems to be a fairly new product, I hope I run into another one so I can tinker some more.

Included some screenshots.

viewsonic.zip

Yeah, there's a few of those in different classrooms around campus. Maybe not that type, but roughly the same idea.