canr

Hamachi trouble

6 posts in this topic

I am playing around with hamachi now. I am trying to use it as a vpn and file sharing from my other desktop. I can't seem to find a good tutorial on setting up a vpn/ssh tunnel. Can someone help out or post some good tutorials?

Hamachi is a VPN, and it's already encrypted. I'm not sure what you're wanting to do. Can you be more specific?

As Thespis said, its already encrypted. Just join each of your machines to your hamachi network, and they'll all be able to communicate securely using whatever protocol you want. No need for VPN or SSH tunneling!

Well I am trying to set it up so that all traffic is secure. If you make your own server you are connected but its not encrypted

Again, what are you trying to do? Hamachi is encrypted by default. If you have two computers in a Hamachi network, any traffic that you send between them will be encrypted. Even across the Internet.

Go to the GRC.com news posts/forums and Steve Gibson has a ton of information on this subject that would explain it better than all of us combined..

Also I believe in the Security Now podcast from last year he did a whole episode on Hamichi and TOR/ONION/VPN etc