epew23

USB cord hack

30 posts in this topic

Dell XPS is even worse. Their parts for their computers are non-standard. You'll hate it.

Try out maybe Falcon Northwest(I'm not very sure about them). Or some gaming riggs from Gateway. http://www.gateway.com/systems/series/529596843.php

When a company uses non-standard parts, you might find a hard time trying to upgrade or repair a computer(I upgraded my Dell's computer's power supply then my whole computer fried up! you can even see the smoke!!!! They wanted me to buy their power supply from them only, that is the reason why they use non-standard parts).

Anyway, I hate Dell computers. Their computers are dust magnets.

I've never had a Dell, but I've heard from lots of people that Dells had more standard parts then almost any other computer manufacturer. Did something change? Either way, I've always enjoyed building my own. That way I know for a fact if I want to upgrade parts later what will and won't work.

And to get back on subject, powering my phone charger off of usb power would be cool. =D

It's a shame you use Dell.They use too much proprietary parts for their PC. I recommend Gateway.

My laptop is a gateway this desktop was the one i was asking for advice about. It is a complete custion in a dell case cause thatr was the chepest. Dell only makes my mother board and my graphics card. :lol: But yeah i have to say gatway is nice although i have a tower that i am going to put up on ebay that is an alienware. It isnt a grate computer. Whats your ideas on the Dell xps

both Gateway and Dell suck. Yes Dell does use class A parts but try to replace the power supply on the 9300 XPS. Dell uses all proprietary part now. Gateway is the Queen of suck (E-ma-suck bing the King.) they use Class B and Class C parts. If you buy two Gateways you have a vary high chance of the parts inside being different. Gateways buys parts from the lowest bidder. Try it. Buy two Gateways, Same model, same Specs. and see if your parts match. should of built it with no dell parts.

k, how many watts was ur bulb? i dont wanna blow up my comp lol

Not sure but i know it is one that will go into a flash light with 2 c batterys.

Also you wount "blow up youcomputer" when i pluged it into mine it said that one port was drawing to much power and the other front port would be un funtional. My laptop said "device low power warning. thats it.

Dell XPS is even worse. Their parts for their computers are non-standard. You'll hate it.

Try out maybe Falcon Northwest(I'm not very sure about them). Or some gaming riggs from Gateway. <a href="http://www.gateway.com/systems/series/529596843.php" target="_blank">http://www.gateway.com/systems/series/529596843.php</a>

When a company uses non-standard parts, you might find a hard time trying to upgrade or repair a computer(I upgraded my Dell's computer's power supply then my whole computer fried up! you can even see the smoke!!!! They wanted me to buy their power supply from them only, that is the reason why they use non-standard parts).

Anyway, I hate Dell computers. Their computers are dust magnets.

I've never had a Dell, but I've heard from lots of people that Dells had more standard parts then almost any other computer manufacturer. Did something change? Either way, I've always enjoyed building my own. That way I know for a fact if I want to upgrade parts later what will and won't work.

And to get back on subject, powering my phone charger off of usb power would be cool. =D

Hearing from people is unreliable, you have to get first hand experience to really know what's going on.