Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cr250

help with ports needed please

15 posts in this topic

hi i have been playing americas army fine but now i cant log in because my internet is down or the autharisation server is down but the server is up and running and my internet works fine

i have come to the conclusion that my ISP have blocked the ports

they said if i get the ports they will open them up for me

but i am stuck heres the list

Game Ports

The internet ports currently required to be open for America's Army v2.8.2 are listed below:

UDP - 1716, 1717, 1718, 8777, 27900

TCP - 14200, 20025-45, 20046, 20047, 20048, 28910

UDP ports explained:

1716 for the Game,

1717 for the GameQuery,

1718 for the Master Server Query,

8777 for the Standard UT Query, and 27900 for GameSpy.

TCP ports explained:

28910 for GameSpy

20025-45 for MBS Game Server,

20046 for the Auth server,

20047 for MBS, 20048 for DCDS, and 14200 for LAN.

where it says 20025-45 does that mean 20025 and 20045 or does it mean from 20025 all the way up to 20045?

can a few people comment on this so i can get it right to get them opened,as it seems quite confusing to me

or if anyone has the ports saved(which i doubt)could they show them to me as when i googled all i got was these on different pages

20025-45 means though but seems to be just for the MBS game server if you do run one you don't need thost ports open

20025-20045 means all the ports from 20025 through 20045 inclusive.

I can't confirm that these are the right ports, however if you are correct you just need to send your isp these two lines. If you would like to learn more check out the User Datagram Protocol and Transmission Control Protocol wiki pages for a brief intro.

I promise it won't be a SYN or make you say ACK! :)

Hope that helps!

-Dr^ZigMan

20025-20045 means all the ports from 20025 through 20045 inclusive.

I can't confirm that these are the right ports, however if you are correct you just need to send your isp these two lines. If you would like to learn more check out the User Datagram Protocol and Transmission Control Protocol wiki pages for a brief intro.

I promise it won't be a SYN or make you say ACK! :)

Hope that helps!

-Dr^ZigMan

yeah these ports are correct,i will have the isp open these ports

thanks i just need to know what the 20025-20045 meant so i can have them opened incase i need them

No problem!

If you don't mind telling us, what is your ISP that is willing to open ports for you? I'm curious to know who's being so cool!

-Dr^ZigMan

No problem!

If you don't mind telling us, what is your ISP that is willing to open ports for you? I'm curious to know who's being so cool!

-Dr^ZigMan

with talktalk their so rubbish and idiotic

i was on phone to them and the mush was opening the ports up then he said is that one number so i said you fu***ng assh**e took me hours to read it out now you take the p*ss so i slammed phone down

then i ring back and say will you open some ports for me and the dozy woman oh we dont do it,then she asks hes manager if they do and he said no (supposinly)so i said i want to talk to the manager and she says hes not in hes in a meeting so i say you idiot you just told me hes in then i say to her you idiot ill come to garlands(this was the call centre she was at)(only 1 minute away from me)and get you done for lying at work so she says hold on ill get him so he comes on and goes ok we will call the engineer to have it sorted in three day so he puts the idiot woman back on the phone and she was so annoyed writing all the ports down i burst out laughing when she yawned

they said 3 days and it will be sorted so i will post to see if all is well

also not the first time they done me a favour

they also give me 2 brand new routers(wireless)£50 credit 6months half price line rental and un-capped my service because i had problems with them everyday

i think the americans know it by OPAL telecom

only i was so unlucky to sign a 18 month contract with the worst ISP in the WORLD

i hear some third world countrys have stabler net than me lol

can anyone post a good cheap british ISP?that is reliable

i quite like the sound of bethere 24mbps but Bt has not updated and you cant connect faster than 8.5mbps round here

i was on phone to them and the mush was opening the ports up then he said is that one number so i said you fu***ng assh**e took me hours to read it out now you take the p*ss so i slammed phone down

then i ring back and say will you open some ports for me and the dozy woman oh we dont do it,then she asks hes manager if they do and he said no (supposinly)so i said i want to talk to the manager and she says hes not in hes in a meeting so i say you idiot you just told me hes in then i say to her you idiot ill come to garlands(this was the call centre she was at)(only 1 minute away from me)and get you done for lying at work so she says hold on ill get him so he comes on and goes ok we will call the engineer to have it sorted in three day so he puts the idiot woman back on the phone and she was so annoyed writing all the ports down i burst out laughing when she yawned

Sounds like you've got really great interpersonal skills. I can't imagine why they weren't more helpful.

Sounds like you've got really great interpersonal skills. I can't imagine why they weren't more helpful.

lol my anger was the annoyance thay caused as they must have blocked them yesterday and only going to open them a couple of days later

lol my anger was the annoyance thay caused as they must have blocked them yesterday and only going to open them a couple of days later

Sounds like if you had been a little more patient with the first guy instead of blowing up on him, you would have spent less time explaining that the numbers were separate, and possibly reading them to him again, than you spent yelling at him and blowing up at a few other people in the process.

A big part of "Hacking" is the art of Social Engineering. This really is an art, as it is the ability to sweet talk your way out of trouble and into getting others to help you out.

Just the fact that the ISP was willing to do something like this for you is amazing. In the US we have ISP's that spoof half of a torrent download and send RST's to you, your ISP seems to actually wish to provide a service to you. You're use of profanity was really uncalled for and made the situation not only tense but also jeopardized your request actually being fulfilled.

I hope you learned a lesson from this. In the future, a few ounces of politeness and common courtesy will go a lot farther then anything else. People want to help out other people, it's their nature, however if you make their life difficult they don't want to do squat for you. I understand that to you these people represent the faceless company, but they are still people and they know how their systems work. Let them fight for you, ask them how they are doing, and thank them! They'll go to bat for you every time.

When I was doing support I despised people who were rude and their tickets went straight to the bottom. People who said please and thank you always got the best service. Keep that in mind next time you need a favor, and that's exactly what this was, from someone.

-Dr^ZigMan

A big part of "Hacking" is the art of Social Engineering. This really is an art, as it is the ability to sweet talk your way out of trouble and into getting others to help you out.

Just the fact that the ISP was willing to do something like this for you is amazing. In the US we have ISP's that spoof half of a torrent download and send RST's to you, your ISP seems to actually wish to provide a service to you. You're use of profanity was really uncalled for and made the situation not only tense but also jeopardized your request actually being fulfilled.

I hope you learned a lesson from this. In the future, a few ounces of politeness and common courtesy will go a lot farther then anything else. People want to help out other people, it's their nature, however if you make their life difficult they don't want to do squat for you. I understand that to you these people represent the faceless company, but they are still people and they know how their systems work. Let them fight for you, ask them how they are doing, and thank them! They'll go to bat for you every time.

When I was doing support I despised people who were rude and their tickets went straight to the bottom. People who said please and thank you always got the best service. Keep that in mind next time you need a favor, and that's exactly what this was, from someone.

-Dr^ZigMan

yeah but for a brief minute thay caused the problem writing the single ports as one huge number

if they are that brainey why do that?

why block the ports just for some idiot(ME)to ring up with in 24 hours and have them opened?

if you knew talktalk you would know the BAD reputation it has for LACK of customer support

and i was nice on phone till they wound me up

i know it was not called for but their actions are silly,

they caused me problems before and gave me the 6months half prics line rental,

2 FREE wireless routers and £50 credit

if they never caused the problems they would not have had to give me the stuff

imagine how much their losing giving all these freebies to unhappy customers

i was also told i was put on a SPECIAL 24mbps line unavailable to most customers its for SPECIAL people

which im not sure of as their service goes up to 8mbps i have never seen a 24mbps service

but my connection speed is nearly 9mpbs

i have learnt a lesson and its not to argue but to be patient but this company is known globally for been the WORST isp,

i cant help but wonder if they stopped giving FREE BROADBAND if their service would be MORE reliable

as their broadband is free so is the calls all you pay is line rental and about £9 calls for unlimited local national and international calls aswell as usa mobiles and canada

I used to be on Talk Talk and have to agree how bad they can be. Be seems to be the best ISP spec wise here at the moment. Tiscali are doing a new deal with DSL, line rental and TV for £35 a month right now. A good thing them is that if you want to get out of your 12 month contract, you can blast torrents and stuff during peak hours and they send you an email saying please stop this during peak hours else you will be moved to a 'high users connection' but also say they will let you leave before the contract end's, hehe

Edited by Swerve

I used to be on Talk Talk and have to agree how bad they can be. Be seems to be the best ISP spec wise here at the moment. Tiscali are doing a new deal with DSL, line rental and TV for £35 a month right now. A good thing them is that if you want to get out of your 12 month contract, you can blast torrents and stuff during peak hours and they send you an email saying please stop this during peak hours else you will be moved to a 'high users connection' but also say they will let you leave before the contract end's, hehe

i blasted tiscali off within a few weeks gaming and downloading torrents lol

their service was great though and reliable

then i got a mac code off them and when i tried my net i had none lol so moved to talktalk which was a BAD move