Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
canr

Hamachi

5 posts in this topic

I have hamachi installed and made a server. I am wondering what exactly can hamachi do and if anyone has a tuitoral on setting it up as a lan server for a game. Can anyone help out?

I have hamachi installed and made a server. I am wondering what exactly can hamachi do and if anyone has a tuitoral on setting it up as a lan server for a game. Can anyone help out?

First place to look on how it works is usualy the website you downloaded it from, or the website of the devs. i.e

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/howitworks.asp

secondly wikipedia is always good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi

hey i use Hamachi at my work what is it that you are trying to use it for...i don't know everything that there is to know about the program but i can tell you that it is basically a remote desktop program that can be used to do anything that you want it for....we used it to get info among our offices as a temporary problem to our move but as far as a gaming host site it is possible but the only problem is that himachi, unless you have a multi gig port won't upload images fast enough for your main program it is more used for documents rather than gaming. But i used the limited not the deluxe i don't know it might ahve a few extra features that i don't know about.

Hamachi is for creating a LAN over a WAN. All it is doing is taking a bunch of computers on a network and making them act like they are on a local LAN. For instance this is good when you want to play LAN games that don't support internet play. Or are LAN only. And you can rest easy because its an encrypted connection.