cr250

buying motherboards

12 posts in this topic

sorry if this is wrong place

but anyone know where to get a CHEAP socket 939 motherboard with atleast 4gig ram slots?

can be agp or pci i dont mind

please help

um i would just look around ebay and what do you consider cheap? and any specific reason it has to be socket 939?

well its got to be around £20 or £30 max as spending a bit on a clear case and loads of mods and socket 939 because iv ordered a socket 939 CPU

the computer is going in living room for show so i can move me games pc in me bedroom and still have a pc downstairs fo browsing,as i hate using computer in kitchen

Edited by cr250

these are superb prices but i should of mentioned im from england and iv tried to get these and no delivery to UK

Heh, 939 is obsolete.

Heh, 939 is obsolete.

dunno where the hell you get your info from and i suppose your using windows 3.1 with a p3 800mhz cpu and 90w psu

i could not afford your spec so sticking with obselete things and xp or vista

Heh, 939 is obsolete.

dunno where the hell you get your info from and i suppose your using windows 3.1 with a p3 800mhz cpu and 90w psu

He means AMD doesn't make Socket 939 CPUs anymore. They stopped over a year ago now. It was replaced with Socket AM2 (which has 940 pins). I'm personally having a hard time finding a dual core 939 to upgrade my desktop with (Should of done it a year ago!)

Heh, 939 is obsolete.

He means AMD doesn't make Socket 939 CPUs anymore. They stopped over a year ago now. It was replaced with Socket AM2 (which has 940 pins). I'm personally having a hard time finding a dual core 939 to upgrade my desktop with (Should of done it a year ago!)

didnt know that,ebay are selling them brand new and so do places like ebuyer

nice little 4200 2.2ghz dual core dor £48 excluding delivery from uk or if you are in america a 4200+ 4.4ghz for £38 buy now or best offer and £8 delivery BRAND NEW so worth a look,

I wouldn't skimp so much on the motherboard. Who cares about a clear case and case mods? Obviously you do, but do you want cheap crap that looks good, or decent stuff that works good?

When you're looking for an AMD64 motherboard, it actually doesn't matter all that much what you get. Since half of the northbridge (the memory controller) is on the CPU, one major piece of the chipset is taken care of for you. AMD64 motherboards are all about options. Get one that fits your needs, try not to get a really cheap one. That's about all you need to know, AMD systems are easy to build.

I have an Asus A8V I got for cheap (can't remember how much, look it up on newegg) and it's decent. It only has 2 memory slots and if you use the PCIe slot, only one PCI slot left. It's not great, but it works. Also remember that if you're going to be using 4 gigs of RAM to use a 64-bit operating system. 32-bit Windows can't address that much memory, I think the limit is about 3 1/2 gigs.

I wouldn't skimp so much on the motherboard. Who cares about a clear case and case mods? Obviously you do, but do you want cheap crap that looks good, or decent stuff that works good?

When you're looking for an AMD64 motherboard, it actually doesn't matter all that much what you get. Since half of the northbridge (the memory controller) is on the CPU, one major piece of the chipset is taken care of for you. AMD64 motherboards are all about options. Get one that fits your needs, try not to get a really cheap one. That's about all you need to know, AMD systems are easy to build.

I have an Asus A8V I got for cheap (can't remember how much, look it up on newegg) and it's decent. It only has 2 memory slots and if you use the PCIe slot, only one PCI slot left. It's not great, but it works. Also remember that if you're going to be using 4 gigs of RAM to use a 64-bit operating system. 32-bit Windows can't address that much memory, I think the limit is about 3 1/2 gigs.

iv gotten hold of a asus fireball of my brother for £30,he said its good but chinese writing,he is getting a third eye board

and i want the comp to look good didnt really care how it worked as its for living room,would look quite nice to see a clear computer with loads of different lights and uv reactive cables,hopefully get a water cooler and uv liquad after a while.

id of baught a great board if it was for games but its more for show so i can move games pc up stairs