BINREV SPYD3R

AUTUMN ISSUE OF 2600 RELEASED

12 posts in this topic

The Autumn 2007 issue of 2600 is now out and may be in your hands at this very moment if you're a subscriber. If you rush down to your local newsstand or bookstore you might in fact find a crowd of people already fighting over it. If neither of these are true, why not consider obtaining this or any other issue of 2600 from our online store?

http://www.2600.com/news/view/article/6556

The Autumn 2007 issue of 2600 is now out and may be in your hands at this very moment if you're a subscriber. If you rush down to your local newsstand or bookstore you might in fact find a crowd of people already fighting over it. If neither of these are true, why not consider obtaining this or any other issue of 2600 from our online store?

http://www.2600.com/news/view/article/6556

Heading out to the book store later on today ... Might just pick it up to read or something.

Just picked this up a few hours ago. I should have a review similar to the one I did for the previous issue on my site soon. At first glance it appears to have a few more "good" articles than the previous one, but still provide some good laughs. We'll see how it stands up when I take a closer look :) .

Just picked this up a few hours ago. I should have a review similar to the one I did for the previous issue on my site soon. At first glance it appears to have a few more "good" articles than the previous one, but still provide some good laughs. We'll see how it stands up when I take a closer look :) .

Just got mine last night also too when I was walking around the mall... They have some good articles... Like the target one I should see if I could do that outside... Haven't finished reading it yet...

by the way you said something about your site... Do you write security or any other type of articles? Can we have the url for it?

I got your url... thanks

Edited by Malachai

Damn this issue seems pretty good. Too bad my free subscription ran out.

The "Social Engineering and Pretexts", "How to Cheat Goog411" and "The Thrill of Custom Caller ID Capabilities" articles seem like they might be cool.

Damn this issue seems pretty good. Too bad my free subscription ran out.

The "Social Engineering and Pretexts", "How to Cheat Goog411" and "The Thrill of Custom Caller ID Capabilities" articles seem like they might be cool.

Well haven't got that far yet... Tonight at dinner time I will finish reading it.

fuckk. ineed to renew my subscription. god dammit.

I think I need to sign up for it rather then buying it at the book store.. hahaha

I just finished reading this issue cover-to-cover, and I have written an article-by-article review of my impressions, criticism, and commentary, much like I did with the previous issue. I've posted the review to my site:

http://www.mcgrewsecurity.com/blog/?p=67

Overall, I'd have to say there's about the same amount of signal to noise as the previous issue. "Hacking 2600 Magazine Authors" is, by far, my favorite article.

Just got mine today.. been thumbing through it... The article "Transmissions" pg 52 makes me almost scared to go to the mall... I mean the legal wording is kinda ambiguous in spots.. could my brain be considered a computer and that I am using eyes to intentionally receive wireless data from a store as I head past it on my quest for where the hell is rat-shack? Sounds like it's illegal to look.

fyi: found my lighter ;)

I read the letter submission in the "injustice" section by carbide and enjoyed it. It's screwed up how corporations fuck you in the ass with intellectual property rights and the like. I'm thinking about writing 2600 real soon to throw in my two cents. Do they allow angry words? (I've been listening to Decoder a lot lately)

im lucky of have inherited my fathers lifetime, its under his name and I get every issue. Also nice product placement on the boards.