Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
epew23

Overclocking for noobs

5 posts in this topic

Not that i intend to do this i was wonder what good it would really do. I googled it i found some sites that would help me do it. The only thing i found that would be bad was i am on a laptop and i heard it could over heat. What would be some plus/minuses that i might want to know.

You can't get much airflow in such a small case and the heatsink and fan is bound to be just large enough to get by. If the BIOS does allow it, I don't think you'll get much if anything more out of the machine.

Generally, to overclock you have to upgrade the stock cooling to something that can dissipate more heat and that's just not practical in a laptop. As I mentioned before, there's not much airflow either. Even if you could upgrade the heatsink and fan, you're going to have problems getting the heat out of the case.

Isn't it bad to overclock a laptop due to the fact its very hard to add parts,etc and to fix. Well just buy one of those $20 computer tablets to put under and its like a fans. Well heres one but not really what I mean

s0054251_enl.jpg

To re hash what Ohm said, laptops are already under a lot of heat and if you can't upgrade the cooling, you're just going to fry your hardware.

Isn't it bad to overclock a laptop due to the fact its very hard to add parts,etc and to fix. Well just buy one of those $20 computer tablets to put under and its like a fans. Well heres one but not really what I mean

s0054251_enl.jpg

For the most part, those don't work. The fans blow upwards but, fans on the bottom of laptops blow downwards.