Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
automatic_jack

emoticon weirdness

7 posts in this topic

it seems to me as though on some of the pages the emoticons are broken, and i just get a little textlabel where they should be (and not the little code for them, something with a .gif extension) , but this only happens on some pages, like for instance the first page of the "first post" thread the emoticons are broken, but on the fith (newest) page the work fine.... and most of the threads seem to so whats the story here, is this a bug? is this some sort of thing to do with the age of the post? or is this just some little peice of entropy particular to my box??

also on the same subject, binrev, hands down has the coolest emocons EVER!!!

we moved servers a few months ago...some of the posts that are that old may be pointing to stankdawg.com or pointing to an incorrect directory/filename. One day, I will fix the database...today is not that day. :P

i have noticed it also but since this is posted after the problem was explained its not relevent, but i personally think that the whole emiticon thing is overrated and overused but thats just me, could be it reminds me of the carebears stuff and i dont like cute and fluffy shit

raven

i think that the purpose of emoticons is so that you can express things that strait-up text can not express. it can sometimes be hard to read someone's tone in chat and message boards (IE: sarcasm, irony). that is the purpose of emoticons. ;)

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

darn :devil:

:teeth: :cuss: :blowfuse: :help: :wacko::unsure: :paw: :mumble: :pirate: :stfu: :skull: :ranaway: :pissed: :ninja::blink::spam: