Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sesrun

Linux Commercial

21 posts in this topic

I just saw this on TechTV and decided to look it up online. I think it is a great commercial for Linux and you should look at it if you haven't already seen it. It is by IBM and two of the taglines are "THE FUTURE IS OPEN" and "Linux is his name."

Go to here and click on the picture.

thats nice...the video didnt load for me but i got the audio...if only i had techtv *bashes head with sat* o well maybe itll be on tlc one day and ill see it and go yaaa.

ERROR!

Ive seen this one on tv.. I thought at first it was a advertisement for Microsoft.. .. ill admit to that.. it made me smile and feel warm and tingly when I heard LINUX

I have that. Got it off edonkey. I have it (along with a bunch of other IBM/Linux commercials) on my webspace. I'll get the URL and post it.

Yeah, great commercial. I posted about it in "Off topic" when it first came (about a month ago). The best use of 90 secs of ad time ever!

EDIT: I actually put that in my sig before I saw this thread. funny, aint it?

they have had a few commercials with linux mentioned or at least written in them

I remember this one IBM commercial with a basketball game with hackers and viruses written on the black jerseys and linux and open source written on the blue jerseys

31337, just to let you know the avi link is down .... adelphia 404 page i think

can someone please upload them to ftp.binrev.com/incoming for me? Not only this one, but any other interesting videos/commercials/movies as long as they are hacking related.

IBM is really trying to get the general computer user (even AOL users) to become aware of linux and the things is has. (I think also useing linux makes it cheaper, they don't need to ge through any M$ shit.

OK I'm adding a bunch to ftp.binrev.com/incoming now. Stank maybe you wanna check 'em, make sure they're 'hacking related' enough. ;) And I'm just wondering why the FTP server is so easy to access?

And I'm just wondering why the FTP server is so easy to access?

Orrrrrrrr not. None of the stuff I 'uploaded' shows up in the directory. ??? A little help here?

Orrrrrrrr not. None of the stuff I 'uploaded' shows up in the directory. ??? A little help here?

not as easy to access as you thougth, eh? ;)

writeable, but not readable! LEt them upload, they are there.

not as easy to access as you thougth, eh? ;)

writeable, but not readable! LEt them upload, they are there.

Clever. I figured you must have something up your sleeve. ^_^

you thought he wouldn't?

That's why I was surprised. And Cr45 Du57 Sstank did say that it was NOT READABLE! :P

I seen it on CNN today while I was in the clinic (felt like crap all day) it was pretty sweet, little kid is awesome....o wait thats just Linux.

ERROR!