hayton2k3

is this statement true?

26 posts in this topic

I was just wondering how to get into a computer throught hacking when you have obtained an IP address?(G4Techtv Hack the Box)

Its a little known fact that in Windows 9x/Me/XP, pressing Control-Alt-Delete twice (which will restart your computer) and then quickly pressing Control-Alt-Delete again 13 times will bring up a hack interface. In order for this to work, you first have to defragment your hard drive 3 times in a row. Microsoft put the interface in as an easter egg. In this interface Microsoft has stowed away many tools that should help you (Port Scanners, Enumerators, ect.).

Somehow I really doubt it, and even so, would you trust tools from MSFT ;)

no i wouldnt but if it was true it would be interesting,i just seen it on a site and i woundered,

it's completely true.

what makes you think its true?

I use it all the time, you don't need to defrag 3 times though, that's just a lie.

The 13 times ctrl+alt+del is correct though.

I use it all the time, you don't need to defrag 3 times though, that's just a lie.

The 13 times ctrl+alt+del is correct though.

ok any more info.incase some newbie wants it,what sort of tools?

port Scanner, file security bypasses (NTFS), secret pc info modifyer, advanced telnet, way more advanced netstat, admin take over (change pass etc), rootkit install ability

amoug a few

port Scanner, file security bypasses (NTFS), secret pc info modifyer, advanced telnet, way more advanced netstat, admin take over (change pass etc), rootkit install ability

amoug a few

oh well if it works then nice piece of kit,not in the user manual LOL

no i wouldnt but if it was true it would be interesting,i just seen it on a site and i woundered,

Why don't you try it? <_<

i did and it DOSN'T work

i did and it DOSN'T work

Did you really think it would? :blink:

i did and it DOSN'T work

Did you really think it would? :blink:

no i tried after people on here said it would,i wasn;t going to try before as i dont believe MOST things on the net

i tried after people on here said it would

:lol:

Good job, binrev forum community. Scamming another sucker for lulz.

*EPIC* lulz, at that.

So did you guys hear that flicking your power-switch [at the back of your computer] will bring up a hardware mod interface? It's awesome for overclocking and whatnot, can also enable the XT extensions that are in draft at the IEEE [but manufacturers started putting them in for some time now.] There isn't a set number of flicks though as various manufacturers put their own in, plus there's that whole problem with imperial and metric. Usually above 10, you'll hear a particular noise on your machine when you've hit the jackpot [mine was like a pc-speaker rendition of the Mexican dance]

We should start a whole thread of these Easter eggs :P

*EPIC* lulz, at that.

So did you guys hear that flicking your power-switch [at the back of your computer] will bring up a hardware mod interface? It's awesome for overclocking and whatnot, can also enable the XT extensions that are in draft at the IEEE [but manufacturers started putting them in for some time now.] There isn't a set number of flicks though as various manufacturers put their own in, plus there's that whole problem with imperial and metric. Usually above 10, you'll hear a particular noise on your machine when you've hit the jackpot [mine was like a pc-speaker rendition of the Mexican dance]

whats the point in taking the mick out of newbie's?

i heard if pour petrol on YOUR computer it will run faster when warmed up

for a second i thought this could possibly be true. and everyone said it was. i mean, i thought something like a hidden directory of tools might be there. just like that minesweeper cheat. i didnt believe it until someone showed me. either way, leading someone on is worse than flames =]

for a second i thought this could possibly be true. and everyone said it was. i mean, i thought something like a hidden directory of tools might be there. just like that minesweeper cheat. i didnt believe it until someone showed me. either way, leading someone on is worse than flames =]

It depends on the person you're leading on! :ninja:

*EPIC* lulz, at that.

Not just epic. EVIL EPIC LULZ. It's a corruption of 'Laugh out Loud' in case you don't know.

:P

OH NOEZ! ANONYMOUS

Edited by gloomer

either way, leading someone on is worse than flames =]

I'd agree, but common sense is expected to function at all times. Tell me, how do you count to from 1 to 13 but manage to jump 2? ;)

hahahahaha I'd like to see the URL of where you found this

secret pc info modifyer

Honestly. If you actually fell for that...wow.

hahahahaha I'd like to see the URL of where you found this

Visit My Website

heres the site i found it,i didnt make it up i just seen it