Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yarjar

Cracking popup logins online under Linux

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I've heard of people using AccessDiver to crack passwords for sites online under Windows, and was wondering if some similar solution exists for Linux. <_<

Hello all,

I've heard of people using AccessDiver to crack passwords for sites online under Windows, and was wondering if some similar solution exists for Linux. <_<

They are called simple logins.

THC Hydra preforms this woo!

Sweet, that looks pretty nice, thanks. It can use proxies, right?

Sweet, that looks pretty nice, thanks. It can use proxies, right?

Yes it can.

Okay, I tried cracking one site for a while, and that worked fine. However I got some new word lists and tried cracking some other sites again, and now the output just repeats "select: Bad file descriptor" out again and again. How do I fix this?

EDIT: I changed the wordlists, and surely enough, they were the problem. What could be wrong with them? They are simply text files with one word per line.

Edited by yarjar

Okay, I tried cracking one site for a while, and that worked fine. However I got some new word lists and tried cracking some other sites again, and now the output just repeats "select: Bad file descriptor" out again and again. How do I fix this?

EDIT: I changed the wordlists, and surely enough, they were the problem. What could be wrong with them? They are simply text files with one word per line.

Make sure they have proper end-of-line termination for the platform you're on. Usually enough to run them through dos2unix [iIRC you're on Linux]