riscphree

Think you know Asterisk?

44 posts in this topic

I'm a noob to voip and asterisk related stuff. I've been reading voip-info.org tons but still have some questions. I've got a project to use voip and I've been asking strom some question on irc but I don't want to bother him anymore. I was wondering if I could have a chat with someone who knows about asterisk for 5-10 minutes on a party line or something to get my questions cleared. Anyone up for it?

I'm also a real Asterisk noob. I think it'd be awesome if we could all get on line and have some give a lecture. That'd be really useful.

for me, VoIP is the next big thing for me to learn. id love to do something like that. we could set it up on a freeconcall.com number.

I wouldn't mind giving some pointers, but I'm awful at just lecturing on a subject :)

I'm the Head Engineer for a VoIP company, so I work with Asterisk, and other switches every day.

Well, it wouldn't be just lecturing. I'm sure it'd be more of a discussion. Especially if more people like you were talking about it.

Sure, I'd be up for a Q&A session. Everyone would just have to come up with a time that works.

we could do a conference call on skype. i just got an account today and it seems pretty cool.

Heh, Skype has really horrible quality problems. But I guess for free, you can't complain too much :)

I'd be happy to host a conference on one of my Asterisk boxes. You could use XLite,

or any SIP phone you like to connect to it.... Or I could hook an 800 number to it if you'd rather use a land line.

Ok, its setup SIP only at this point. If we need a toll free for it, I can do that as well.

Call sip:binrev@69.30.45.231

it will dump you right into the conference.

When is this going to take place I would like to also join. Time maybe a problem as I am in the UK.

I don't think we've set a time yet, so feel free to chime in on when will work for you.

Any date/time set yet? I'm running into noobish problems with asterisk, and would be very interesting in joining this conf.

Ok, its setup SIP only at this point. If we need a toll free for it, I can do that as well.

it will dump you right into the conference.

sorry for being completely noobish but how do you call sip?

First you need a sip phone. Xlite is a good one if you're in the Windows world, or Twinkle is good for Linux/OSX/BSD/Whatever. Once you get that configured simply type sip:binrev@69.30.45.231 into the address box and hit enter.

Magically you're in a conference bridge. :)

If people don't want to goto all that trouble, I can drop an 800 number on the bridge as well.

Do you have a enum for that, or a sipbroker peering code & user NUMBER..... can't find the '@' symbol on my dial pad ;-)

Mungewell.

Yeah, its now located at 1-800-953-4065 as well, which will be in ENUM in just a moment.

I can answer some questions about asterisk. I know the digium boards pretty well.

Im ready at anytime for this. But i dont know what an appropriate time would be. I just called the conference line and No one was there so i sang a song.

I'm just waiting for a time that everyone can agree on :) Though I don't mind hanging out in the conference and being

the asterisk oracle. I sit at a desk all day doing SIP things anyway....

I'm just waiting for a time that everyone can agree on :) Though I don't mind hanging out in the conference and being

the asterisk oracle. I sit at a desk all day doing SIP things anyway....

Oracle. Can I have a cookie?

By the way, am I 'The One?'