feverdream

Hacking Money?

49 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

Buy a new laptop ^_^

Penny Stocks!

It's always fun to put a bit of money into a few researched penny stocks. :D

I ended up getting alot of gold and silver a few years back and so far the price has only gone up.

So I guess it's a way to make money or at least have something that is going to hold it's value.

But right now I am thinking of buying up lots of those AK parts kits because the price on those are going up.

And there is only so many left that can be imported so they could be worth alot in the future.

If you don't know what a parts kit is then check out this link.

http://www.copesdist.com/partskits.htm

I would do exactly what centrex posted. There are some steals right now out there with all the foreclosures. All you need is one house to get started, either have the house pay its self off, or if you pay off the house and rent it out, save the rent $ and do it all over again. Probably one of the easiest ways to build wealth, that I am aware of. I like this thread, I want to learn more.

Invest in home/life improvements that are frugal & Eco friendly, saing me more money in the future.

I would really like to know some good books for investing if anyone has some suggestions.

I feel that a lot of hackers/techs are sometimes too non-money minded, so they are forced to squander their amazing abilities working for some oaf who could not even spell linux. The tech world would probably be a better place if people had the resources to make the cool stuff they wanted instead of wasting time, grinding the gears of some lame company. In my ideal, I would make a tonne of cash quickly, retire and spend my time writing free software or other stuff that benefits humanity as a whole.

Invest in home/life improvements that are frugal & Eco friendly, saing me more money in the future.

I think this is a good idea.

College bill and a new computer. I'm tired of playing on POS computers. I've never had a decent computer. Everything I have ever messed with is a good 4 years old, or in my current state 8 years old.

I invest all my money in pure, uncut Peruvian flake. So far the returns have been better than even the best-performing CDs.

Put it into equipment for my business.

I run a small business that does small company networking, and general computer service. I want to expand to medium sized companies, and work towards some high end contracts.

Something to note is that money is merely an idea (Any other Rich Dad Poor Dad readers?). Your psychological financial blue print determine how much money one makes. It might seem like an overly simple concept but understanding basic principles of money will over the long term yield many more benefits than a quick way to make a buck.

Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth by T. Harv Eker

I've liked these books a lot. Also a good place to visit: http://www.getrichslowly.org/

I need a car that won't break down on me, nothing fancy, just something that will get me from point A to point B.

Penny Stocks!

It's always fun to put a bit of money into a few researched penny stocks. :D

That if I could go back in time I would have put 5,000 dollars into the CMKX stock, 400 dollars was equivalent to a million shares 2 years ago, but then they found just about every useful natural resource on the land the they purchased. The large trading company higher-ups are retiring because they are going to have to go back into the market to buy it at it's appreciated value or else they go to jail for a roughly 10 years. Penny Stocks into Dollar Shares.

I'd use it to stay in the room where Tesla lived in the old tower of the Waldorf Astoria.

Edited by w3lshrarebit

I would buy two of those sexy Cinema displays from apple =p Then spend the rest on a server.

Assuming that the 5K is not immediately needed I would invest it into a short term municipal bond because the earnings will most likely be tax exempt. It will take a few years, but you can make a ton of tax free money.

Stock market is about to take a nice steaming dump right on the corner of Wall Street.

Stick to certificate of deposits for the short term (~1 year) then see how it is.

If you're Ron Paul, invest in gold.