Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raven

XP Fdisk

8 posts in this topic

ok herez how it rollz i hate Xp and most microsoft crap but my linux is in ohio and im in arizona so i have to use xp for now, i want to fdisk but frm what i have read xp does not have this in dos cammand style like 98 did. i was told to use my bootable cd and it gives you the option but my copy is not completly legit and its not saying i can (i could just be blind) so any help in this would be awesome.

Raven

have you tried the recovery console? even if its not a legit copy, you should still be able to use that.

You will only find FDISK on a Win 98 or WinME boot disk.

You can boot your computer using the Win 98-ME boot disk then use the FDISK.

You can get a boot disk creator program from http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm download it to your hard drive then run it to create the boot disk on a floppy.

or google boot disk images... i found a ton of boot disks like that including and NTFS boot disk which you might need since its xp. also if you try to use the 9x or ME ver of fdisk it might not work, i've used them with xp and got a version error and it quit out of fdisk. have you tried disk management?

never herd of fdisk being a problem but on my webpage i have ntfs pro and all boot disk

http://www.angelfire.com/ms/tank/

should help if you get anymore problems just reformat in fat32 then fdisk but i don't think you will need to

Ok dude, what you want is gonna be under computer administration on the control panel, and like configure drives.. then it shows all harddrives connected and you can format and partition them from there.

i have tried to format but it says can tdo that shit cuz drive is in use or its along those terms