g3x

Mentorship Program/Learning Program

4 posts in this topic

I have not seen much progress with this, if anyone wants to start this with me would be cool. I am not the most knowledgeable person but I strive for it. I have a website thats parked we could use for the mentorship program. We could make it for people of all different levels. For example people with the most experience would go in group A, the least E. You get the gist of this. I would put banners for binrev all over :voteyes: . If anyone is intrested in doing this. Like the topic states it does not have to be just a mentorship program but lets say just a place where people(less knowledgeable). Like if everyone in group C works with each other and are all the same level then they could learn from each other and at the same pace instead of getting partial help from more advanced users(A). Please don't flame if you think its stupid but I have been thinking about this for a while. Its more of the lines that lets say group D wants to work on dual booting with ubuntu because they never have before then they could talk with each other and find out much more things and issues other people have and not only to get it to work but able to help in nubie HQ section with better responses and everyone would be more informed

I have not seen much progress with this, if anyone wants to start this with me would be cool. I am not the most knowledgeable person but I strive for it. I have a website thats parked we could use for the mentorship program. We could make it for people of all different levels. For example people with the most experience would go in group A, the least E. You get the gist of this. I would put banners for binrev all over :voteyes: . If anyone is intrested in doing this. Like the topic states it does not have to be just a mentorship program but lets say just a place where people(less knowledgeable). Like if everyone in group C works with each other and are all the same level then they could learn from each other and at the same pace instead of getting partial help from more advanced users(A). Please don't flame if you think its stupid but I have been thinking about this for a while. Its more of the lines that lets say group D wants to work on dual booting with ubuntu because they never have before then they could talk with each other and find out much more things and issues other people have and not only to get it to work but able to help in nubie HQ section with better responses and everyone would be more informed

Dude, not to flame, but this is hardly the first time someone has tried to start this sort of thing. It's just not something that'll get off the ground.

Its more of the lines that lets say group D wants to work on dual booting with ubuntu because they never have before then they could talk with each other and find out much more things and issues other people have and not only to get it to work but able to help in nubie HQ section with better responses and everyone would be more informed

This is what's known as a "support forum". They already exist. Want to learnm about Ubuntu? Go to the Ubuntu support forums. Want to learn about programming? Go to a programming support forum. There there for a reason. And they do exactly what you're looking for.

This topic comes up a lot through out the forum. I know there are a couple of people working on stuff. But it's kind of hard to start it since most users have family or work a lot. Here's something you might like to read...

http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27156

Also most members are sign up to this mail list ...

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit

http://binrev.com/mailman/listinfo/mentorship-l_binrev.com

It's part of that post... Hopefully that helps you out.