criticalmass

Phreaknic

42 posts in this topic

yea those special people will be there. but they will probably getting drunk

If i could get the money to fly down by then i'll be going.

Edited by CerealKiller

I'm not special enough for you guys? <_<

you are very very special in a special way. more special then these guys are.

I'm not special enough for you guys? <_<

you are very very special in a special way. more special then these guys are.

In other words more like this guy:

cy_specialed_m4.jpg

I wish Stank would be there, I've yet to meet him in person. I plan to be down Thursday night, right after I get out of the Louisville InfSec Conference at Churchhill Downs. Hackers and Horses Baby!!!

Yes, lock picking is illegal, unless you're licensed, but there's a fairly large loophole that you can drive a truck through. First, if you're a property owner, you are permitted to own picks for the purpose of opening locks on your property, and second, even if you aren't a property owner, all you need is a piece of paper signed by a property owner that you are their "registered agent". In either case, just be aware that the exception only applies if you do not charge money for using your lockpicking skills (or if you are paid for larger duties and are not paid solely for lockpicking). So if your friend asks you to pick his front door, you're fine.

Also, for those of you who are already planning to go, I'd encourage you to preregister for PhreakNIC. The big thing is that we'll have an express line for you, where you show us your identifying number (can be something random printed up on a sheet of paper, as long as it corresponds to what you gave us when you preregistered) and get your PREPRINTED badge, swag, and a t-shirt, if you preordered it. There's also a discount for preregistration (expiring October 10th), and it's the only opportunity for using a credit card (the paranoid will note that PhreakNIC is using a 3rd party site to handle processing). The ultra paranoid may also note that there's a mail-only option for preregistration, using a money order.

http://www.phreaknic.info/pn0x0b/registration.html

i'm going with free stickers this time and my GF !

rmccurdy2.jpg

what kind of stickers. we all need to figure out a night and meet up...

we will be having a binrev meetup friday night. see me for times and location, im thinking about going eat tacos for the meetup, there is a sweet taco place that has moved downtown (instead of crazy drive across town) where you have to put your name on your order and they call it out for you to get your food. last year we were informed that they "do not say funny names"

I plan on going. I'll have to meet up with you guys Friday night. :P

Anyone need a room? Mine only has two people and I'd like to split the cost more.

ok, after bruce potters talk friday night, what about meeting in the lobby at 8:15pm. Then we can all go out and get our meetup/drink on.

ok, after bruce potters talk friday night, what about meeting in the lobby at 8:15pm. Then we can all go out and get our meetup/drink on.

Works for me.