Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abh

Sweaty man electrocuted by computer

9 posts in this topic

Published on ShanghaiDaily.com (http://www.shanghaidaily.com/)

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/article/20...icle_325330.htm

Sweaty man electrocuted by computer

Created: 2007-7-30 18:02:03

Author:Li Xinran

A 20-YEAR-OLD student was electrocuted by his computer this morning in Shanghai's Yangpu District, Eastday.com reported.

The young man, who was identified as Wu, reportedly opened the external casing of the computer's CPU to prevent it from overheating because he didn't want to switch on the air conditioner in his home.

According to the report, his sweaty legs came into contact with the computer's wiring, which might have caused a short circuit. The computer's internal voltage is as high as 380 volts, enough to give a deadly shock.

An initial investigation by police officers and medical staff found Wu was electrocuted. They found bruises on his legs as well as blood from his nostrils.

---------------

You have to wonder what he was *really* doing with that computer case....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like he was sniffing some thermal paste while probably giving the hard drive the ole' boot adjustment.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how they don't mention how many amps of current went through him. 380 volts means nothing if there is no current.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird, I thought the voltage for computers is lower than normal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may have touched the power supply. Oh, does it make me a nerd if I think that would be kind of sexy?

*puts on robe and wizard's hat*

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

must of had some "serious" case mods then....

I keep an open box, now the motherboard is screwed to teh wall behind the monitor.....

Havent we all played around inside a hot box?... Dont you put your hand directly on teh psu first? ... I though the system board ran at 12v's.... did they mean 380 amps? I really really doubt that....

oh but he was sweaty, but "didn't want to turn the air conditioner off"?.. both.. and the "sweat" caused the current to shock him everywhere at once..

you're right... he probably got accidentaly electrocuted when his huge asian penis hit the mobo.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I checked, wires were shielded by a substance I like to call "plastic" <_<

Edited by BSDfan
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he wore off the rubber with all that autoerotic asphyxiation he was diggity downing on with the wiring?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0